global teleport co-ordinates

VirtualKitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, VirtualKitten said:

The Error Message says you can only teleport the owner of the object , This is crazy How to teleport gates do this , or are they only in region and this code does do anything useful at all

It reports at Consol "Teleport LSL functions can only teleport the object owner" yes the Teleport by LM does the same so how are teleport systems doing tis it seems through a map screen is this the only way it can be done as this sucks

the provision to use llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords on a person who is not the script owner requires Experience script permission.  llllRequestExperiencePermissions()

this is the only way it can be used on a person  not the script owner. The portals seen at places like the Social Islands are scripted to use Experience permissions

without Experience script permission then as you realise llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords can only operate on the script owner. To do inter-region non-experience scripted travel on other people, to destinations not Home (llTeleportAgentHome) then llMapDestination as you have also noticed

it might suck that Linden differentiate between experience/non-experience but is what Linden have chosen to make available, and as scripters we can only work with comes in the box

@Molly, Thank you for the response , if this is true about that the teleport can  only work for other avatar that  can use a prim which  is owned and written for  use with  experience key only then why is it that experience key  not available to all ? This not only feels non usable as developer,  when it is clearly not able to be used by more than half the users of Secondlife . I don't think this is a thing a virtual world should be  doing  to restrict half of its users in this way which is discriminatory and does suck I cant see the point of an language if some of its commands are restricted . It makes me wonder what else is not usable through design. I have a portal and my avatar and family walk through the last thing I want them to have is a map with a teleport button when they have chosen to touch portal. It makes the whole point of a teleport system unreal. I understand why LSL has attempted to moderate this use but clearly it wont do anything about griefers anyway and who is to say these idiots wont have linden accounts?

@Wolfie, nice to hear from you but clearly this is not good practice that certain script commands are unusable because of limits on other parts of LSL experience. I can't say if this would be helpful to me at all as after reading the knowlegebase  on here i didn't find any method for LSL experience to use  or store a returned permission.

I don't want a premium account unless LSL cleans up its mainland smut and gambling with money givers in breach of TOS which it does nothing about. I am aware of this other matter of restriction with Xploder and TOS yet it is not being implemented as a restriction. 

I hope you found your fenix.

Edited by VirtualKitten
corection

lets set aside the whole subject of having to pay for an Experience key for another day in another sub-forum not this Scripting one. Lets just stick to scripting what we can with what we have

consider how we would make a non-experience portal for use anywhere in SL

step 1) make a Teleport HUD that uses llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords. Give/sell the HUD to other people.  As they are the owner they will be able to teleport themselves

step 2) make a portal gate which has a collision_start event. When a person wearing the Teleport collides with the portal, then have the portal script send a message containing the destination to the HUD

step 3) on receiving the message the HUD teleports the owner to the destination

step 4) we can also have the portal listen for a HUD present signal. On not receiving the signal then popup llMapDestination

Edited by Mollymews
agent

Well Molly,  that is a good idea and i might try it.  I 

I found a thread back then when this rubbish was created . It which doesn't work if you don't pay bucks it doesn't even generate an error on console just does nothing and seems redundant coding to me. I have to say i am going to write to Tila with the intention of it being removed. 

// NOT WORKING CODE REDUNDANT
{    
    collision_start(integer num)    
    {        
         llRequestExperiencePermissions(llDetectedKey(0),"");
    }    
    experience_permissions (key Av)    
    {
          llTeleportAgent(Av, "", <2,32,399>,ZERO_VECTOR); 
   }
}

// CODE NOT WORKING ABOVE

Whats the point of this rubbish if it does nothing  to half of SL?

Edited by VirtualKitten
NA

I tried the animation example this time expecting another useless error. This time I received nothing on console  no error, just nothing happened when you touch pretty useless really!

// CODE BELOW NOT WORKING REDUNDANT

integer InExperience()
{    if(llGetExperienceDetails(NULL_KEY)== [])   
     {        llSay(0,"This script needs to be in an Experience.");        
          return FALSE;    
     }   
      return TRUE;
 }

default{
        touch_start(integer num)    
        {        
              llRequestExperiencePermissions(llDetectedKey(0),"");    
        }    
        experience_permissions(key Av)    
        {        
             llStartAnimation("sit lean left leg up1");   
        }
}
// CODE NOT WORKING ABOVE

Just to summerise code above in regard to Linden Experiences module

1)  Gives useless error Teleport message "Script trying to teleport other avatars!" Who is this other avatar its my prim and I am touching it?

2) Running an animation through experience creates no error does nothing at all . 

Who wrote this Experience codes  as its not grown up  coding!

i am wondering if its easier to link the avatar to the portal and move everything portal too with a script to move a sit on a prim  via jumps 

// This routine do the actual transport 
TelePos( vector destpos) 
{  
    // Compute the number of jumps necessary 
    integer jumps = (integer)(llVecDist(destpos, llGetPos()) / 10.0) + 1; 
    // Try and avoid stack/heap collisions 
    if (jumps > 100 ) 
        jumps = 100;    //  1km should be plenty 
    list rules = [ PRIM_POSITION, destpos ];  //The start for the rules list 
    integer count = 1; 
    while ( ( count = count << 1 ) < jumps) 
        rules = (rules=[]) + rules + rules;   //should tighten memory use. 
    llSetPrimitiveParams( rules + llList2List( rules, (count - jumps) << 1, count) ); 
} 

Edited by VirtualKitten

It should work to get you across the 256/0 line.

This is quite an old method you've got hold of, mostly superceded now by llRegionSetPos. llSetPrimitiveParams has the typical function delay which is why llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast was introduced, there is no such delay.

A more elegant way of doing what that routine does is to use llSetRegionPos since it does it all in one go and doesn't try to build a list of up to (capped) 100 intermediate positions.

I suggest you go to a sandbox that has neighbours on several sides and see what happens when you use coordinates that end up just over the boundary of the region you are in. Before doing that, you might like to read up on the caveats in the wiki for llSetRegionPos, in particular, look at the limits of -10,266 to the X and Y components in the destination vector. I'd hate to hear that the routine is broken because it won't move an avatar to -11 or 267 (Linden Lab missed a trick here, they could have had a "go to eleven" setting).

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
Validation of grandiose claims

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.