BoM Eyes are always looking up?

DAT4BASE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys, so i bought a pair of eyes from Gloom, and when i tried to put on the BoM ones i realised something strange. So, i tried on some BoM eyes from other creators and i got the same issue. With all the eyes, my avi's looking upwards? Even if i use an animation hud to move her eyes down, her irises are basically hidden behind her upper eyelids.

image.png.5014018e94a1327cea961cb18dd2ec6f.png

anyone know how i can fix this? i'd really appreciate it.

thanks a lot in advance!

This is normal with a lot of heads including Catwa and a few others. Instead of using the aminations to reposition them, you need to use Edit. Right-click on one eye, select Edit from the drop down menu, then hold down the shift key and click the other eye. Use the blue arrow to lower the eye position until you're happy with it (you might also have to use the other arrows to bring each eye inwards a bit as well - do that separately for each eye rather than both together).

Note that you can't reposition eyes if they are rigged mesh. If that's the case you will need to buy a new pair that are not rigged. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

This is normal with a lot of heads including Catwa and a few others. Instead of using the aminations to reposition them, you need to use Edit. Right-click on one eye, select Edit from the drop down menu, then hold down the shift key and click the other eye. Use the blue arrow to lower the eye position until you're happy with it (you might also have to use the other arrows to bring each eye inwards a bit as well - do that separately for each eye rather than both together).

Note that you can't reposition eyes if they are rigged mesh. If that's the case you will need to buy a new pair that are not rigged. 

Hi! Thanks so much for responding. I'm just using system appliers though so i can't really move the eyes. I took my genus eyes off so it's just the system layers 😅

Oh BOM aka system layer eyes still need your genus mesh eyes to look right. Does your Gloom eyes come with an applier as well or just the system version? Since I am not on my home computer with no access to the genus hud, there are few things to consider. If your skin is applier , you will need a special alpha to wear that leaves your eyes "visible" while the rest of your system head is made invisible. Does Genus have a bom activator just for the eyes on their hud? If you are wearing a bom skin and just have your eyes alpha'd , you would just remove that alpha and genus mesh eyes would take the texture of whatever system eyes you have on.

1 hour ago, DAT4BASE said:

Hi! Thanks so much for responding. I'm just using system appliers though so i can't really move the eyes. I took my genus eyes off so it's just the system layers 😅

Oh that's why. If you have a mesh head you can't use system eyes without having mesh eyes as well, and setting them to BOM.

You can set the Genus eyes to BOM by purchasing the Omega relay for Genus  and using the Omega converter to change the eyes. 

Or, you can pick up any set of low-cost or free MODIFYABLE mesh eyes, add them and change the texture to BAKED_EYES. You can even make your own with prims; a couple of spheres adjusted to the right size and put the Bake Eyes texture on them. This is what I ended up doing with my alt, because I didn't want to waste money on the Omega relay, and the free mesh ones I tried were higher in complexity than I was happy with.

In fact, I'll send you a copy of the pair my alt made. They're already in the right position for genus.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.