Texture troubles

Akane Nacht

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I take photos I find the textures constantly refreshing. I've tried various settings tweaks but it's hard to get them in sync. I take mostly landscapes but same problem with portraits - clothing texture will rez then make-up goes blurry.  Any handy tricks for this? (I'm using default viewer.)

with TPV we set more graphics card RAM which is the main help with this

when this is not enough then we can get a little more help with debug setting: TextureLoadFullRes set  to TRUE

is also accessible from menu:  Develop \ Rendering \ Full Res Textures

can slow our computers down this, but for photo taking then slow is not as much of a issue

What you are describing sounds like texture thrashing. Whirly Fizzle discussed this ages ago, but she gives a great answer to what is going on in this thread

One of the things that she points out is how the huds we wear often have high rez textures that can contribute to thrashing issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If thrashing persists in a given place after doing all the things Whirly recommends then get all set for your shot and relog. The relog forces a total reset of everything in the viewer and clears the video card flushing textures the viewer thinks are important and will not drop even if they are not in the scene. Come back in and take the shot. Don't look around, don't open chats... just get the shot when everything has rez'd.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.