Setting a face's texture from contents of object: LSL the only way to do this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not really sure what you are asking.

If the texture is in the contents and you want it on the face, then yes a script will do that. If you have the UUID of the texture you don`t even need it in the contents, you can just put the UUID in the script.

Or are you asking if a script is the only way to texture a prim face?

It's still not clear what you're trying to do.  Barring permissions issues, you could manually copy the texture to inventory, then paint the prim face the usual way in the build tool, or just by dropping the texture on the face.  If you're looking for something more automated, then yeah, I think a script is the only way.

But I'm about 100% confident that you're actually asking something else.  I just can't figure out what, without more details of the problem.

Oh, here's a sort of backwards interpretation: when a face is manually painted with a no-transfer texture, the prim ends up containing a copy of that texture, thereby making the prim no-transfer, too.  If you remove that texture from the contents of the prim, the face will revert to the default texture.

OK I will have another go hehe

You can texture a prim, either by using the texture selector in edit or by dragging and dropping the texture from your inventory onto the prim.

You can then, if you want to, also drag the texture from your inventory into the prim contents & delete the texture from your inventory.

I have absolutely no idea why you would want to do this and it doesn`t require any scripts to do it & I am also 100% sure I am not answering the correct question lol :D

The drag/drop method only works if you are pulling the txture from your own inventory.  It's fundamentally a permissions issue. You are only supposed to be able to apply a texture if you either have it in your own inventory or have its UUID. Having it in the contents of an object doesn't guarantee that you have satisfied one of those two criteria.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.