Classified Search - What are we paying for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

More griping about how bad Search is!  I've been paying 50L per week for more than seven years.  I will no longer pay for this.  

"Second Life: Your search query was modified and the words that were too short were removed."

The name of our company is SPOT ON Choreography Tools - Websearch we're number 8 in the list,  Classified search, we're 16 (sorted by price) on the list or number 10 (sorted alphabetically).  BUT NONE are exactly the words Spot On except us.    

697824974_SpotOninSearch.thumb.png.3591e9cb711bf5a46cb6e9f495f48878.png

Spot On Search number 16.jpg

spot on search number 10.jpg

Edited by Galilla Sinatra
Added Image
  • Like 1

Hi Galilla,

I will vouch for you that I have come up with similar search results when looking for things in general.  Sometimes, I have to go on one word or two words but the results are terrible.  I wish I could remember an exact one for you right at this time, but I can't.  I've just had similar issues.  The inworld search is cruddy.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

I have tried being in search (rather than Places) over the years and garnered NO MORE traffic at all.  So unless folks want to pay a really big fee, I don't see it working for "the little guy". Perhaps some other folks have had different experiences and will post here. 

Why wouldn't there be a "relevance" option in the Classifieds tab even?  LAQ pays 30K and does not end up on top in that tab, but does in Web Search.  Granted, most will use Web Search, but to disregard the exact search term is really poor.  Needs a serious overhaul.  

search term LAQ.jpg

• Like 1

I believe this has always been a problem. When I had my store, I remember putting my store's name in and I was on page 3 or so.... A direct name should be the only result... I really do not understand the coding and had stopped paying, where I still came in on page 3 of a direct name search. ; (

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.