Calculating Tier Cost

Ladivamp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello - I am new to owning mainland.  I want to know if you can adjust your tier cost if you buy and sell over the course of the month, or if you pay the highest tier level reached for that month.  For example, I am normally at $22 tier but I bought some extra land which brought me up to $67.  If I sell it before my bill date on the 2nd of the month will I pay only the $22 or the $67?  Or do I have to go into my account and select the lower tier after I have sold the land?  Thanks for the help!

You always pay for the highest amount you owned within that billing period.

I think you will have to manually adjust your tier level after you got rid of the extra land. I'd certainly check on the Dashboard to make sure.

Assuming that you use the benefits of a group to own land, you might consider renting tier if you want to buy extra land ever again. In short, you'd pay someone else to donate the needed tier amount to your group for a certain period, you'd stick to your tier level, no changes, win-win.

• 2 weeks later...

The selected tier level at the bottom of the Land Use fees does not dictate how much you will pay each month. Your monthly bill will always be for whatever the highest amount of tier used in the month regardless of the tier level setting.  

What that setting does is tell them viewer when to warn you about tier usage when you buy land.  If you are currently paying for 1024 sqm -- $7.00 per month -- and you have the tier level set to 1024, then the viewer will pop up that 'Increase Tier' warning box if you try to buy more land.  However, if you have the tier level set to 8191, then the viewer will not pop up that warning box until you try to buy enough land that puts you over the 8192 tier level -- i.e. you could buy a 4096 sqm plot and would not get that 'tier increase' warning popup in the viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.