texture rendering issues

Sangdow Veeper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I run second life on the firestorm viewer but am having issues now where I am having textures rez up, but then blur out and re rezz and are doing this repeadtly on there and is causing me to suffer with lag while sl is rendering the texture it just rendered again and has made the experience quite unenjoyable. I just tried a full uninstall of the setup and tried a fresh install and its not fixing the issues and am wondering how to fix this as I have been stuck at my home now in sl for last five days as can't enjoy clubs or other sims due to the problem.

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Sangdow Veeper said:

I run second life on the firestorm viewer but am having issues now where I am having textures rez up, but then blur out and re rezz and are doing this repeadtly on there and is causing me to suffer with lag while sl is rendering the texture it just rendered again and has made the experience quite unenjoyable. I just tried a full uninstall of the setup and tried a fresh install and its not fixing the issues and am wondering how to fix this as I have been stuck at my home now in sl for last five days as can't enjoy clubs or other sims due to the problem.

Texture thrashing.  If your video card has enough memory on it, you can bump the texture cache size in Firestorm and that will usually help a lot.

What are your computer specs?  Click Help / About -- copy to clipboard and post here.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

What you are experiencing is called texture thrashing, as LittleMe wrote. You can Google on the term and get lots of information. You can also ask in the Firestorm Support group in-world. 

Without the computer specs we can't know what to tell you to fix it or reduce it. The standard general purpose fixes are to take off all HUDs. Turn off images in chat... those tiny thumbnails are hard on video cards. Reduce your draw distance. Turn on texture compression. These steps MAY help... or not. Depends. 

There are computer specs that will tell  us what you may need to do to your computer get better SL performance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.