I got bored and made a graphical concept xD (SL Logo and Viewer)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I need a small project to take my mind off another project for a few hours. Mostly just to give myself something different to do. So I started looking at the newly updated SL logo and wondered "How would I have re designed it". And decided to have a go. This then led to me wondering if I could create my own viewer concept. Here we are a few hours later and I have these to show for it. Please bare in mind I am not suggesting that LL use my design or anything, I just wanted to attempt this to see what I personally would have come up with and wanted to share it with you as I'm pretty happy with it.

Firstly we have the logo concept

SL-Logo.png

This is my viewer UI concept. The buttons along the side pop out and in via the arrow button on the bottom. I was trying to go with the idea of as much screen space as possible

SL-Ui-Concept.png

However. If the Firestorm team (or any other third party viewer) @Whirly Fizzle (xD) want to help me turn this concept into a skin. I would not complain because I would LOVE my viewer to look like this quite honestly.

*Edit*

I also tried designing a new Linden Lab logo based on the above SL logo but I am not sure on this

LL-Logo.png

Also, on the off chance that I am not allowed to make concepts of these logos and any lindens look at these. Please don't ban me, just ask me and I will remove them.

Edited by chibiusa Ling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, chibiusa Ling said:

The buttons along the side pop out and in via the arrow button on the bottom. I was trying to go with the idea of as much screen space as possible

In case this is mostly about your personal use of the viewer: I found it surprisingly easy to permanently remove all the toolbar buttons and use only the menubar and, for the most common items, keyboard shortcuts. It's pretty quick to learn enough shortcuts to make it more efficient than the screen buttons, and I certainly agree that having UI junk off the screen makes the whole experience more enjoyable.

(Of course one can hide the entire UI with a single keypress, but I don't do it because it's another keypress to get it back.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.