AO problem

Paigesimmons

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Nothing, really.  An AO is scripted to trigger its currently active animation on a regular, timed cycle.  If there's another animation playing -- for example, the animation in something that you have sat on -- your AO faces a conflict.  If the animation in the seat where you are sitting has a higher priority, your AO defers to it.  If the active anim in your AO is set with a higher priority, though, the AO overrides the one in the seat.  It's possible to have two scripted systems (your AO and another animation system) wrestle with each other over and over, so that you find yourself hopping up and down all the time.

You really can't do anything about the priority in any animation.  That's determined by the creator when it is uploaded to SL. The only way to avoid the conflict is to turn off your AO.  Some AO's, like to one that's built into the Firestorm viewer, have a "smart" option, which tells the AO to always defer to whatever you sit on, instead of trying to play its own anims, but most don't.

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Nothing, really.  An AO is scripted to trigger its currently active animation on a regular, timed cycle.  If there's another animation playing -- for example, the animation in something that you have sat on -- your AO faces a conflict.  If the animation in the seat where you are sitting has a higher priority, your AO defers to it.  If the active anim in your AO is set with a higher priority, though, the AO overrides the one in the seat.  It's possible to have two scripted systems (your AO and another animation system) wrestle with each other over and over, so that you find yourself hopping up and down all the time.

To be fair, modern AOs don't work like this. You don't need an AO with a timer that checks what the avatar is doing to play an appropriate animation. We have the ability to replace the default animations, in a way that doesn't require any scripts for them to work. Even the old method shouldn't cause an avatar to randomly play another animation and then stop it.

It's hard to guess what the real cause could be, based on a vague description of "avatar stands up then sits back down." A video showing it would be much better.

10 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

It's hard to guess what the real cause could be, based on a vague description of "avatar stands up then sits back down." A video showing it would be much better.

I get this from time to time.  My avatar gets a "stuck animation"...an animation from a poseball, usually, that's gotten stuck to me because I failed to stand up properly, but right clicked and sat on something else.  My AO overrides it, for the most part, except when it needs to change animations...say, from walking to a stand animation or vice versa.  Then, for a moment, the stuck animation can be seen.

I don't think this is the same as the the OP's problem, but it may be related.  I usually have to re-log to fix it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.