How does one find out about the celebration

Amza Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi.

Does anyone know of a way to find out about the celebration other than the blog?  I was hoping a notice would have been sent through the SLB Community Celebration group, but it seems the group has not been active.  I have not been able to find the website that would have given me the information for exhibitors.  I don't always get on SL's website due to a busy RL. 

Thank you.

Amza Hydraconis

6 answers to this question

Right now, it appears the official blog is the only place to go for news.  Here's the latest post about SL17B:

According to the blog, applications for exhibitors closed on May 18.  Applications for merchants to participate in the "Shop and Hop" are still open.

I think that maybe the use of an external website devoted to the Birthdays was discontinued.  That made sense when LL abandoned the Birthday and the Residents took up the slack and organized it all on their own.  But the last couple of years, LL has taken it back unto themselves.

You need the group Second Life Birthday (the founder is Squeaky Mole). That's the current public group. The official blog is where everything is posted on the web.

I believe they still had a few last spots to fill for the exhibitors, which is why it was mentioned in the Shop and Hop application post. The form still looks to be open as I post this (also linked in the blog post that Lindal posted... there's the link to the merchant form first and then the exhibitor form at the end). It certainly wouldn't hurt for any last minute hopefuls to fill out the form. You might get lucky.

39 minutes ago, Landra Beerbaum said:

is there a playing schedule for all musicians/djs? unfortunately i can't find anything concerning this

June 19th is opening day.  Three weeks away.

I suspect that music schedules will appear once things are opened or perhaps just prior. So just be patient.  Last year the folks playing didn't know their times (well some of them posting here  anyway) until RIGHT before opening. 

19 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

June 19th is opening day.  Three weeks away.

I suspect that music schedules will appear once things are opened or perhaps just prior. So just be patient.  Last year the folks playing didn't know their times (well some of them posting here  anyway) until RIGHT before opening. 

Okay, thanks... the reason I ask is because I'm playing myself and I need to schedule my own dates

Edited by Landra Beerbaum

10 hours ago, Landra Beerbaum said:

Okay, thanks... the reason I ask is because I'm playing myself and I need to schedule my own dates

I haven't seen an SL17B schedule yet. You should have been invited to the group for performers though, so make sure to check for notices there (I'm not in that one... I'm an exhibitor only). Remember that notices won't always be sent to the whole group because Second Life is Second Life, so manually check the group profile for them.

For merchants, it looks like they're closing those applications early, so they need to be in before June 1st. Always tough to get a spot in the merchant side of things.

Edited by Polenth Yue
Spelling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.