Missing Inventory

WhisperingPond

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, WhisperingPond said:

I purchased two properties that are not listed in my inventory.

Properties? I assume that you  are using the word in a non-standard way, because property ( that is, "land" ) cannot be put into your inventory.  Maybe you are talking about objects or clothing or .... ?  When you buy things from Marketplace, they are usually delivered to your Received Items folder, way at the bottom of inventory.  When you receive items in world, they are usually delivered by type, so object go to your Objects folder, clothing goes to your Clothing folder, and so on.  Many items are delivered in their own folders, however, so they can appear anywhere in your inventory.

In any case, you can always search for items in at least two ways:

1. If you have received them recently, use the Recent tab in inventory.  You can use the Show Filters option to set a range for "recent" things, so you can see what you have received for past few days.

2.  If you know any word or part of a word in the name of the item, you can just start typing the name in the field at the top of inventory.  The longer the word, the more likely that you can isolate it from all the other things.  You can also restrict your search to specific kinds of inventory items (textures, scripts, landmarks ... ).

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion. New guy here. I bought two separate parcels of land and they are not in my list of purchased properties, although I have receipts for them.  I actually found a place to make a ticket and Second Life Support said that they will investigate. Thanks you.

• Like 1

Oh, I see.  If you are a Premium member of SL, then you can buy land on the Mainland.  If that's the case, then you can check in your dashboard (at secondlife.com) under Land Manager >> My Mainland.  You could also own a private estate, which should show up under Land Manager >> My Regions.  If you're a Basic member, you can't own Mainland property, but you can own a private estate.  Otherwise, you are renting, so you don't actually own the land you are on.  

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

Also, in your viewer - probably under "World" -> "My Land Holdings" you will see any mainland parcels you have purchased, plus any estate parcels where you "purchased" them (clicked the land to 'buy' them).    There is also a section of that window which also shows any land tier donations you've made to groups. 

If you've just rented a parcel - mainland or estate - it won't appear anywhere as purchased property in your viewer.  Your transaction history should show the location of where you made the payment and that would probably either be at the land agent's main store or at a parcel payment box at the parcel you rented.  Going to that location should either take you to the parcel, or if it's the land agent's store, there is usually something there with information about how to get to your parcel.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.