i am new here where do i live and do i get any money to start with, coconut 74

coconut74

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi there, firstly welcome to second life finding your feet can be a bit daunting at first but stick with it and you will get there.  Of your two questions I will address the money issue first as you would need money to consider renting a place to live if you felt that you need one, it is not necessary to have land to enjoy second life however unless it is something you want of course.

This post has an excellent guide on earning money in second life, http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/118/7b/121897/1.html

I must second the important fact that the single best way to get L$ is simply to buy them however if that is not an option there are multiple choices to earn L$ in world but they don't pay that well and you will need to spend much more time on an SL job to earn any amount of L$ than you would using an RL job and buying them.

As for getting a home there are basically three choices:

• Go premium and get a free linden home from SL, this will cost 10 US$ per month.
  • Rent land or possibly a prebuilt home from another resident this can cost anything from a few hundred L$ and upwards.
  • Purchase some land on the mainland for L$ or your own private island for US$ and then pay tier each month to linden labs, this again is paid in US$

Renting is the only way to obtain a home if you are only willing to spend in world currency or L$, the other options while giving greater security all require the payment of US$ to linden labs.

I hope this helps, if you are needing any help with anything else as you settle in or are in need of a friend you would be welcome to contact me in world my SL name is Silky Mesmeriser.  Once again welcome to SL and good luck to you :)

• Like 1

Welcome to SL Coconut!

I would recommend that a good place to start is to make sure that you are logged in on Advanced Mode on your viewer, you can logout to change modes on the login screen, the go to search and type in NCI . You will see several there in the results, all brilliant, try the one at Kuula.

You will find lots of info, great helpful people and freebies there.

DUE TO SOME FORUM CHANGES, PLEASE USE "OPTIONS > EDIT" ON YOUR POST TO ADD FURTHER REPLIES

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.