Teleporting on my Land

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a sim and I would like to set a landing point that you arrive at from outside of the sim. I would then like people to be able to use a landmark to reach other points in the sim. Is this doable? I also want people to be able to set home and tp directly to their homes. Please advise ; ))

Kitty x

2 hours ago, lilkitty Feila said:

I have a sim and I would like to set a landing point that you arrive at from outside of the sim. I would then like people to be able to use a landmark to reach other points in the sim. Is this doable? I also want people to be able to set home and tp directly to their homes. Please advise ; ))

Kitty x

Hi Kitty.  That should be possible, though I'm not clear if you are referring to a full region when you say sim, or to an individual parcel on a region.  

For an individual parcel on a region, the following will work:  To set a landing point, bring up the "About Land" -> "Options" tab window.  Then choose "Landing Point" for Teleport Routing, stand where you want the set landing point to be, and then click the "Set" button.  Once people arrive at the landing point, they then should be able to reach other points using landmarks.  If they use a LM for one of the other points from outside of the parcel,  it will first bring them to the landing point, and then when they use the LM from there, it will take them to the LM point.  The exception to that is if someone has a "home" position set in the parcel - if they click "Home", they will go directly to their home rather than to the initial landing point.

If you're referring to a full region that is just 1 parcel encompassing the full region, then the above should still work. 

If you're referring to a full region that has multiple parcels, and you want just one landing point overall for the region, that may still be possible through the estate management tools, but I'm not sure because I don't have any experience in that type of land management.

• Like 1

At the Region/Estate level, there's a feature called "Telehubs" that might be of interest, but I've never understood how/if it works with parcel-level "Landing Point" routing within the telehubbed region.

Also, with a parcel level "Landing Point" set, a Member of the land-owning group can be in a Role that has the Ability "Ignore landing point" which might be of interest, too.

(I'm also remembering having non-group members restricted from teleporting past the Landing Point while still having access by foot, but I don't recall details now and can't seem to find it in the knowledge base.)

I have a full sim region that has been divided into two parcels, both of which are mine. I would ideally like to set a single landing point for the whole sim region and then people be able to use landmarks to get around once they are inside of the sim. So they land at one point and once they are in they can use a landmark to get to the front door of a house or event venue. Is there a way to do this?

10 hours ago, lilkitty Feila said:

I have a full sim region that has been divided into two parcels, both of which are mine. I would ideally like to set a single landing point for the whole sim region and then people be able to use landmarks to get around once they are inside of the sim. So they land at one point and once they are in they can use a landmark to get to the front door of a house or event venue. Is there a way to do this?

You can set a landing point on any parcel. You can then decide using the "teleport routing" options whether people can go "anywhere" (they can arrive at a different place if they have the landmark/slurl) or "landing point" (they can only teleport to the landing point and no other place).

What you can't do is have a bit of both. You can't make someone go to the landing point on arrival and then let them teleport around freely if they're already there. Either they can teleport freely or they can't.

However, you don't really need what you want to do. Setting a landing point and then setting the teleport routing to "anywhere" works in most places. New visitors will end up at the landing point, as that's where they'll be directed by search. Most people are not going to attempt to teleport elsewhere unless they already know where they want to go... and in that case, they'll be annoyed if they get sent to the landing point each time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.