Creator unknown error

DAT4BASE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys, so just yesterday I started having an issue where, when i create a box to add all my objects into to sell on caspervend and the marketplace, the box ends up showing "creator unknown" when i click take to add it to my inventory. I tried doing this both on my own land that i own, and on the land of my skybox, which belongs to a friend but i am a part of the land group. no difference, in both locations, i get the same issue. I really don't know what's going on.

i've provided some images of my process for creating the prim. in the middle i add my unpacker texture, but that shouldn't really do anything as i created the texture myself.

174208ec6eb6cdb19874e0c6246a454b.png

4255135d4ad8fb2d7221fbc111e7b44e.png

4136a4b5ef926ca30aad0b5818f15c6c.png

cfa247330aa4a1293f37a0a86063dec4.png

f4650e28e699c6bbc7067b7f0c90ab82.jpg

d6d52b0fbc8ac7ba9216c92978781236.png

any ideas? i don't know what's turning it into no modify, no transfer. i'm not setting it as that.

6 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

The permissions of the contents propagate to the container object too. So if the box is no copy only, adding no mod and no transfer objects in its inventory turns the box as no mod, no copy and no transfer. 

thanks so much for this. my issue is just that i created all the objects except for the unpacker script, which is full perm for me as i bought it. so i don't understand how everything i created is suddenly no transfer for ME...?? ToT

EDIT: i think the item that's creating the issue is the "..*BoSH*.. Mesh Multi C&T Changer License". I can't change it to transfer for ME. i literally cannot sell anything that has this script in it, but i need it in order to get my huds to work. i bought the 1000L$ version, the ".:*BoSH*:. Mesh Multi Color & Texture Changer". I've tried redelivering it but i cannot seem to get around the problem. 😟

EDIT EDIT: i realised now that i must delete the license script once i get the hud working with the mesh objects. i did this, but when i take a copy of the objects it still says creator unknown, even though the root prim is ALWAYS created by me. i read somewhere that this is also a known glitch that somehow just hasn't been fixed by LL yet, but... i really need to get around it?? like i can't sell these products currently and it's driving me crazy because i invested three days of work into them.

Edited by DAT4BASE

9 hours ago, DAT4BASE said:

Hi guys, so just yesterday I started having an issue where, when i create a box to add all my objects into to sell on caspervend and the marketplace, the box ends up showing "creator unknown" when i click take to add it to my inventory. I tried doing this both on my own land that i own, and on the land of my skybox, which belongs to a friend but i am a part of the land group. no difference, in both locations, i get the same issue. I really don't know what's going on.

i've provided some images of my process for creating the prim. in the middle i add my unpacker texture, but that shouldn't really do anything as i created the texture myself.

d6d52b0fbc8ac7ba9216c92978781236.png

any ideas? i don't know what's turning it into no modify, no transfer. i'm not setting it as that.

Are ALL of the items within the box created by you, including the Unpacker script and all parts of all objects? 

A large part of my inventory, items created by me and items purchased, show '(unknown)' for the creator when I check the properties via inventory - yet they all show properly when rezzed.  For objects that I've created, if there are multiple original creators - I created a fireplace once but used someone else's fire object - I will usually see that "(unknown)" when clicking the properties from inventory.  However, when the box is rezzed, it properly shows the creator as me when I edit it.  Thus, I always figured it was due to the inventory object containing things created by multiple people -- though I do not know that for sure.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DAT4BASE said:

EDIT EDIT: i realised now that i must delete the license script once i get the hud working with the mesh objects. i did this, but when i take a copy of the objects it still says creator unknown, even though the root prim is ALWAYS created by me.

This is because of 

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For objects that I've created, if there are multiple original creators - I created a fireplace once but used someone else's fire object - I will usually see that "(unknown)" when clicking the properties from inventory. 

I don't know why that happens to the container box though... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.