avi dance sync to MY music?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way to sync the avi in firestorm to dance to MY choice of song?  I'm trying to make videos which include some dance.  But, I can't figure out how to sync the dance to my choice of music.  So...  I've been adding my choice of music in while in editing process.  It seems to have worked out ok.  But...  is there a better way to sync avi to song I want?

1 minute ago, Sandra8675 said:

Is there a way to sync the avi in firestorm to dance to MY choice of song?  I'm trying to make videos which include some dance.  But, I can't figure out how to sync the dance to my choice of music.  So...  I've been adding my choice of music in while in editing process.  It seems to have worked out ok.  But...  is there a better way to sync avi to song I want?

not automagically no.  Unless we can make the animations ourselves then we are stuck with the animations others make

this is going to seem super tedious, but what we can do is dance our avatar with all the animations we have and vid them on green screen. Then post production edit the vid frames we want into the scene

• Like 1

@Mollymews is right, but there is something you can do in Firestorm, but it will only affect your own avatar on your screen. Others will see the animations playing as normal.

Go to the Developer menu  →  Avatar  →  Animation Speed

Here you can speed up or slow down the animation in 10% increments. I've never had time to play with this much, and don't know if successive 10% increments will continue to speed up/slow down more and more. Have a play and see if this helps!

Extra Info:

I couldn't resist trying this out a bit more! The good news is twofold; successive increments DO continue to speed up/slow down more and more, and, as expected, it works for both avatars dancing on a couples dance - on your screen only, don't forget!

Its such a shame that you keep having to go through the menu tree every time you make an adjustment - it gets really tedious, if not downright annoying!

Edited by Odaks
Extra info
  • Like 1

Thank you both for your comments.  I feel knowing what I know now based on what u stated...  I will control the dance speed if i must in the editing process.  It seems a little easier for me at least to go faster or slower in editing verses firestorm controls.  But...  I wish to thank u both again for clearing this up for me.  Take care

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.