Unticking "last name" during name change?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, SecretInformant said:

I see, so "resident" will always remain invisible?

I can't actually think of an occasion when it would be visible (someone here will know if it is).   SL needs something to be there, so when people stopped being able to choose a last name, Resident was put in place as a generic surname.  So nothing will change if you don't want it to.

1 hour ago, SecretInformant said:

What i'm wondering is if i NEED a last name if i go through the name changing process.

If I untick "last name" what exactly happens? It doesn't just stick "resident" on the end or anything, right?

The check marks are fot the parts of your name you want to change.  If you untick last name, it will simply not change your last name.

2 hours ago, SecretInformant said:

What i'm wondering is if i NEED a last name if i go through the name changing process.

If I untick "last name" what exactly happens? It doesn't just stick "resident" on the end or anything, right?

Per Rhonda:

30 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

The check marks are fot the parts of your name you want to change.  If you untick last name, it will simply not change your last name.

Your current last name is 'Resident' whether or not you ever see it.  So if you untick the Last Name box, your last name will not change and thus will still be 'Resident'.

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I can't actually think of an occasion when it would be visible (someone here will know if it is).   SL needs something to be there, so when people stopped being able to choose a last name, Resident was put in place as a generic surname.  So nothing will change if you don't want it to.

With Firestorm you can see Resident with the right options checked/unchecked.  If I check both of the hilited boxes, then the Resident will get trimmed off.  This option might also be dependent on the mode that you run Firestorm in.  I run in Phoenix mode, which is a bit more of a legacy display of things.

image.thumb.png.c4b30f8e150892d91c3ecfb82a080d66.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.