getting started on happy hippo

Heavensdoors

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Heavensdoors said:

Hi. I'm trying to get started on the building tutorial called happy hippo. The instructions are to click the animation of 'Happy Hippo' and then press reset. I can't find a reset button anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Hi Heavensdoor,

The reset button is at the bottom of the left or right boards. It is labeled "Reset To Index". You may have to click it twice; first time resets to the beginning of the current tutorial, if one is active.

After you reset, click the box of the tutorial you want. You can get the supplies (if any) from the center window. I hope that helps.

If you wish, join the Happy Hippsters group (it's free) and you can get help in chat. TY to Chinrey!

Freeview reset button_001.png

• Like 3

On 4/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, Heavensdoors said:

Hi. I'm trying to get started on the building tutorial called happy hippo. The instructions are to click the animation of 'Happy Hippo' and then press reset. I can't find a reset button anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks!

HI- I do not know what specific tutorial is called Happy Hippo, please connect with us inworld and show us which one you mean. We do have the Freeview Tutorials, which are boards that are open to anyone to use 24/7. They have recently been totally redone, with very expanded texture  and materials tutorials. There is a picture in the thread here of the older  version of the tutorials, the new version still maintains similar character. They are found on the main sandbox as well as on the two sandboxes in the air (labelled as building platform a and b from the tp boards)

I have no idea what this tutorial looks like, but anims are usually triggered and controlled by scripts, so the instructions may be telling you to reset a script in something.  Assuming that you have mod perms for the script, you can restart it in either of two ways: (1) Select the scripted object and use the Build  >> Scripts >> Reset Scripts menu options at the top of your screen or (2) Select the object and use your editor (CTRL + 3), use its Contents tab to open the script, and then click its Reset button.

Without knowing any more about the tutorial, this is the only guess I can make. If you don't have mod perms for the script, it's not going to work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heavensdoors said:

Hi. I'm trying to get started on the building tutorial called happy hippo.

Could you tell us which Happy Hippo lesson you have problems with? Some of them are quite old so there is a slight chance some script has been broken over the year.  I've sent an IM to Gordon about it. He's in charge of those lessons today so hopefully he can help.

• Like 1

Hi,

I updated all of the boards a couple of years ago. I have just gone thru them, and have been unable to find the one that says "animated hippo". There are a coule of hundred frames, so it is likely that I have missed that one. Could you give me more information about what you were working on?  Then I will have more information.  In the meantime-- Please follow Greyhelm's instructions above- they are how you manoever the site- left and right arrows, then in between to reset to go to the next class. 

Thanks for the heads up! I definitely appreciate people letting us know if there are issues!

Leslea

Edited by Leslea Aldrin
trying to add quote :(

3 minutes ago, Leslea Aldrin said:

Hi,

I updated all of the boards a couple of years ago. I have just gone thru them, and have been unable to find the one that says "animated hippo". There are a couple of hundred frames, so it is likely that I have missed that one. Could you give me more information about what you were working on?  Then I will have more information.  In the meantime-- Please follow Greyhelm's instructions above- they are how you manoever the site- left and right arrows, then in between to reset to go to the next class. 

Thanks for the heads up! I definitely appreciate people letting us know if there are issues!

Leslea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.