Jump to content
  • 0
Azar Meads

How close to my billing renewal date can I downgrade to Basic?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My next renewal date for premium is next Thursday. Can I wait until I get the stipend on Tuesday and downgrade to basic?

The page says "*Downgrade Warning: If you choose to downgrade from Premium to a Basic membership, all Premium benefits will be lost, and re-upgrading to Premium at a later date will gain whatever premium membership benefits are in effect at the time the membership is upgraded. Original Premium benefits will not be restored. "

I understand this as the stipend stops, even if I am technically premium one week more.

It does not say that I have to do this some days before, so can I downgrade on Wednesday?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You can downgrade now, all benefits of the premium will continue until the subscription has ended.

What they say is if you started your premium years ago and get 1000 stipend a week or you have a lifetime subscription that these perks will not be restored when you re-subscribe, and the new current premium conditions will apply.

 

Greetz Dargo :)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, Kardargo Adamczyk said:

You can downgrade now, all benefits of the premium will continue until the subscription has ended.

there's one premium perk you have to give up before you cán downgrade : landownership at the mainland.
Further you'r totally right, all will stay as it was till the last minute of the subscription.

I don't see a reason why a lifetime premium would stop it.. they aren't subscribed, but bought their premium with a one time payment.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

there's one premium perk you have to give up before you cán downgrade : landownership at the mainland.
Further you'r totally right, all will stay as it was till the last minute of the subscription.

I don't see a reason why a lifetime premium would stop it.. they aren't subscribed, but bought their premium with a one time payment.

Thank you for the clarification.. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Azar Meads said:

My next renewal date for premium is next Thursday. Can I wait until I get the stipend on Tuesday and downgrade to basic?

The page says "*Downgrade Warning: If you choose to downgrade from Premium to a Basic membership, all Premium benefits will be lost, and re-upgrading to Premium at a later date will gain whatever premium membership benefits are in effect at the time the membership is upgraded. Original Premium benefits will not be restored. "

I understand this as the stipend stops, even if I am technically premium one week more.

It does not say that I have to do this some days before, so can I downgrade on Wednesday?

Yes, you can definitely wait to download until Wed.  As mentioned above, you will need to give up all land and reclaim any tier donated to groups before you can downgrade.

If you have been paying tier, due to using more than the 1024 tier allowance that comes with Premium, then you will get one more bill for that because tier is billed in arrears.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...