Jump to content
  • 0

Touch menu not working


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

 Hi, I'm kinda new here so please tell me if this question should be posted somewhere else.🙂

So this couch has been bothering me for a while.  I can't use the touch menu, and when I try to sit down my avatar does this weird sideways thing.

This piece of furniture isn't mine, it's part of a furnished apartment that I'm currently renting, so I can't edit or modify it.  The apartment manager suggested to turn off any AOs and to activate the apartment life group tag, both which I have done.  I've also tried refreshing the script but it didn't change anything.  I'm also currently using Firestorm viewer, but the same thing also happens in the SL viewer.

Does anyone have any suggestions such as using the debug settings somehow?

Thanks in advance 💚

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

I doubt it.  If that were my couch, I would simply replace it.  If I had the original in my inventory, I would at least rez a new copy.  Since that is in a furnished area that you are renting, I suggest asking the manager to replace or remove it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Sorry.  Changing settings isn't going to do a thing for you.  The script in that couch has either been installed incorrectly or has somehow been messed up or, possibly, someone has tried to modify the couch and has somehow changed its linkset so that the script is no longer addressing the proper links.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Sorry.  Changing settings isn't going to do a thing for you.  The script in that couch has either been installed incorrectly or has somehow been messed up or, possibly, someone has tried to modify the couch and has somehow changed its linkset so that the script is no longer addressing the proper links.  

Ah ok, thanks.  So there's nothing I can do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

When you access the couch's menu, is there an option for "adjust position"?  A lot of furniture allows this.  However, you have to have the necessary permissions to access it, and often the item owner is the only one who can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I know that couch, It is made by Anna Erotica and costs you 10 L$ on the MP. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Anna-Erotica-ONE-Prim-Leather-Sofa/8409292
If you can somehow get rid of the current couch then you can buy the same one for yourself and have full control over your furniture.

Then again, there is currently an issue with SL which affects prims with scripts in them, and it's possible that your issue is caused by that. Ask your region manager to restart the region, because that sometimes seems to help. If that does not help, then you will have to wait until LL fixes this bug, which should be soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 3/17/2020 at 12:35 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

When you access the couch's menu, is there an option for "adjust position"?  A lot of furniture allows this.  However, you have to have the necessary permissions to access it, and often the item owner is the only one who can.

I don't have the permissions necessary to move the couch unfortunately.😪

12 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I know that couch, It is made by Anna Erotica and costs you 10 L$ on the MP. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Anna-Erotica-ONE-Prim-Leather-Sofa/8409292
If you can somehow get rid of the current couch then you can buy the same one for yourself and have full control over your furniture.

Then again, there is currently an issue with SL which affects prims with scripts in them, and it's possible that your issue is caused by that. Ask your region manager to restart the region, because that sometimes seems to help. If that does not help, then you will have to wait until LL fixes this bug, which should be soon.

Thanks. I have another couch in my inventory so I'll try to derender it and see if I can use that one in its place.

Both the estate/region(Mischka) that I'm on appear to be mainland/full region types so I can't really find an owner.   I think I'm just going to have to wait. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 minutes ago, pinocchio11 said:

Both the estate/region(Mischka) that I'm on appear to be mainland/full region types so I can't really find an owner. 

The "owner" is the person that you are renting the parcel from, not the owner of the estate/region (unless they happen to be the same person).  That person's name should also show up as the owner of the couch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
21 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The "owner" is the person that you are renting the parcel from, not the owner of the estate/region (unless they happen to be the same person).  That person's name should also show up as the owner of the couch.

Oh, okay thanks.  I'll try contacting them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, pinocchio11 said:

I don't have the permissions necessary to move the couch unfortunately.😪

Thanks. I have another couch in my inventory so I'll try to derender it and see if I can use that one in its place.

Both the estate/region(Mischka) that I'm on appear to be mainland/full region types so I can't really find an owner.   I think I'm just going to have to wait. 

Some corrections:

You don't use the "adjust positions" menu to move the couch.  You use it to adjust your position relative to the couch, when you are sitting in it.  Adjust your position in each pose where it's off.  You then have the option to save all the new position settings.

De-rendering something doesn't get rid of it, it just makes it invisible to you.  If you de-render the problem couch, don't put anything in the spot where it (still) is, or you could wind up sitting on the (invisible) couch.  Plus, any visitors who don't have it de-rendered will see some unsightly intersecting furniture.

You need to find the owner of the COUCH, not the region.  Right click it, choose Object Profile.  It will identify the owner and the "creator".  In this case, the owner is the person you need to contact.  (And, on the Mainland, there is no "estate owner".  Well, technically there is...LL.)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...