Content Creation Kit

austud1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, austud1 said:

Hi, i  just got a  new home and cant figure out how to get the content creation kit.  Can someone help?

thanks!

If you are talking about a Linden Home, click the mailbox out in front of Houses or the Life Preserver in front of the Houseboats or the Wooden Sign at the edge of the Camper parcel.

If you are not, then I have no clue what Content Creation Kit you are talking about.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

EVERY Linden Home has a mailbox.  It's at the street, right out front.  That's what you use to change the style of your home, among other things. And all instructions for your home are in a notecard in the mailbox.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos, of course
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, austud1 said:

uhhh, mine doesn't nor any of my neighbors...and there are no streets, just paths.  Looks like i am on an island.  I looked everywhere.

That is simply not possible. The Linden Homes cannot exist without mailboxes.  The mailboxes are part of the system that rezzes the houses.  If there is no mailbox associated with your parcel, there is no house there either.  Your mailbox looks like one of these, depending on the style of your home:

df6468c939d9164b52c8a61978745a37.jpg

33 minutes ago, austud1 said:

The house is brand new... it says Contrabassoon.  Its a Meadowbrook.

Aha!  Then Anita is right.  You are in one of the older generation homes.  Those were built in about 2010 and will be decommissioned by LL in another year or so when they have reached their projected target for new style homes in Bellisseria.  You are right.  Those do not have a mailbox and they offer only the minimal content pack that Lil described in the post just above your last one.  They use a completely different technology, so you cannot swap out house models or change the appearance of the home except by adding extra interior walls. Those are nice homes, but they are not the current generation of Linden Homes that people are moving into these days.  Take a good look at all of the information at 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, austud1 said:

Ok, that explains it.  I wasn't given a choice to have any homes except the older ones.  Is it possible for me to swap it for the new style?

You will have to abandon your current one and then simply keep refreshing the land page waiting for a Bellisseria home to come up.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.