Deploy Plan for the week of 2020-02-24

Mazidox Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Hello everyone,

We have a large load of release candidate simulators this week, and we're still testing some of them today. I can share that we are planning on promoting  2020-02-14T20:17:32.536748 to Second Life Server tomorrow, and we'll have further updates on which simulator or simulators make the RC cut either this evening or tomorrow (Pacific Time).

• Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

I suppose it is too much to ask where the release notes for the roll to Main Server are?

Speaking for myself I have never seen the version slated above before, so I assume it was QA'd?

ETA:  I gather this was on the channel formerly known as LeTigre this past week, the release notes are unreachable..still!

Yes, Whirly, I know "infernal fixes" or something.

Edited by Aishagain
Added facetiousness
  • Haha 1

• Lindens

We've managed to find bugs that are either showstoppers or require a rebuild in all 3 of the RCs we had prepped for this week (shoutouts to my awesome colleagues for working on so many simulators this week!), so please expect a roll-less Wednesday, with restarts sprinkled in for regions that have been running over 10 days.

As far as release notes, last I heard a meeroo ate the signing key for the release note generator and they're hoping to make another one soon. Nonetheless, the headlining feature for 536748 is that we fixed several memory leaks, particularly in region crossing and LSL script initialization. If you notice any new and unfortunate behavior in those areas, please file a bug at jira.secondlife.com

Edited by Mazidox Linden
  • Thanks 6

@Mazidox Linden Thanks for the comprehensive information. Let's see what will happen today. My two regions are running version 2020-02-05T22: 16: 31.536040, and so far I can, at least from the obvious bugs like e.g. the problems with crossing the region borders, notice nothing. In general, however, it would be to be welcomed if the information would be just as extensive and informative in the future, because this is precisely the information that is important to us, owners of private regions, e.g. To interpret values or problems correctly and, if there is knowledge, to take appropriate action. You from the quality department are an essential source of information for us and it would be nice if you could also make further information public in addition to the release notes.

Edited by Miller Thor

1 minute ago, arabellajones said:

The Status webpage showed restarts beginning at 03:00 PST, which is unusual timing for a Wednesday restart run.

Been like that ever since they started hiding the RC channel names - probably because "Second Life Server" rolls are at 3am. Nothing happens on RC channels until 7am  though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.