An unpleasant surprise

MBeatrix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I own 3 parcels in Nuggy, and my home point is at one of them.
A few minutes ago, when I tried logging in at home, I got an error saying it failed to grant capabilities and I was sent to an info hub. Trying to teleport to Nuggy caused the same error, and walking/flying from a nearby region into it didn't produce anything different.
Nuggy was restarted this Tuesday and got the server version 2020-02-05T22:16:31.536040. It's been working fine until now.
As chat support only opens (hopefully) at 9 AM SLT, and filing a ticket to get a response in a few days is not a viable option, I am unable to do anything.

[EDIT] My mistake here... Support opens at 6 AM SLT, 9 AM Eastern US time. I got confused, sorry.

Edited by MBeatrix
typo correction and some info

1 minute ago, MBeatrix said:

I own 3 parcels in Nuggy, and my home point is at one of them.
A few minutes ago, when I tried logging in at home, I got an error saying it failed to grant capabilities and I was sent to an info hub. Trying to teleport to Nuggy caused the same error, and walking/flying from a nearby region into it did produce anything different.
Nuggy was restarted this Tuesday and got the server version 2020-02-05T22:16:31.536040. It's been working fine until now.
As chat support only opens (hopefully) a 9 AM SLT, and filing a ticket to get a response in a few days is not a viable option, I am unable to do anything.

I have had this happen a couple of times when my region fell offline.  Each time I filed a ticket out of hours and I think they treat it as urgent as both times they restarted it as soon as support opened.  

• Like 1

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

I have had this happen a couple of times when my region fell offline.  Each time I filed a ticket out of hours and I think they treat it as urgent as both times they restarted it as soon as support opened.  

Nuggy is online. I can see it from nearby regions, I just can't walk into it.
Filing a ticket to get a response at 9 AM is exactly the same as entering live chat support by then. Thus, I can't get home for a bit more than 6 hours from now.

I wish LL would put the same care in providing a quality service that they put into marketing.

4 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

ok mine was a standalone so maybe that was different.  It was just the failed to grant message I got was the same which made me think your issue was the same.  Yes its frustrating having to wait :/

Well, it's possibly the same issue, although the cause may be different. And Nuggy is in mainland.

Yes, very, very frustrating when we have to wait so many hours.

Edited by MBeatrix

Last Sunday I had the Leeward Cruising Club finishing their sailing cruise at Nuggy and partying at my main parcel — there were no issues at all.

The only thing changed at the sim was the code it got this Tuesday, apparently. And it's been fine since then, with Scripts Run around 90% average.

4 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

File your ticket under Land & Region -> Region offline.
Explain why you need the region restarted.
Region offline tickets are fast tracked & generally LL will restart the region within 1 hour.  The longest I've ever had to wait is 3 hours.

I did as you said, and the region just went down, hopefully for a clearing restart. At least I can't see it anymore from the contiguous sim where I am. ☺️

[EDIT] And it's back online, apparently healthy.

[EDIT 2] I forgot to mention that I had already filed a ticket, but under Land & Region -> Region Performance. So, I guess it was the second one (Region Offline) that made Support restart the sim — something to be learned... But it had gone 6 AM SLT, and Vix was already available in Live Chat.

Edited by MBeatrix
adding info
  • Like 1

Heh, yeah.  I was told by somebody on support duty that "region performance" is for annoyances like wonky time dilation and "region down" is for any condition that makes it effectively unusable.  You had effectively unusable so "region down" isn't a lie.  Interestingly, she told me that voice not working region-wide is also considered "region down" if people there usually use voice.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1550 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.