Any way to tell when an item's description was last edited on Marketplace?

Sara Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm concerned about this item specifically: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/THW-Action-System/3916543

The description says "Massive 2.0 update in development", but according to the release notes on the creator's website, this item hasn't been updated since 2012. So while it could be getting an update soon for the first time in eight years, I feel like it's also not unlikely that the message about 2.0 is almost as old, in which case the odds of it coming out in the next year or two probably wouldn't be that great. I'd ask the creator, but his profile says he's taking a break from SL and will be back. Again though, I don't know when he posted that or how up to date it is.

One thing I did notice is his inworld profile lists a classified entry for the item with a "created" date of just last week, but I don't know if those simply auto-renew or something. And more generally, it would be good to know how to determine this for other items as well, in case this comes up again.

4 answers to this question

Never buy anything with the hopes it will ever be updated.
There are numerous reasons why updates might never come, fail to meet sales expectations, general lost of interest to keep developing, even untimely demise.
Even if you could tell when that change was made, there is still no guarantee an update will ever come.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:51 AM, MyAlt4099 said:

I'm concerned about this item specifically: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/THW-Action-System/3916543... while it could be getting an update soon for the first time in eight years, I feel like it's also not unlikely that the message about 2.0 is almost as old...

The real question has to be 'How soon is soon' ? Soonish ? Sooner than soon ?

soon.png

On 2/18/2020 at 7:56 AM, Dean Haystack said:

Never buy anything with the hopes it will ever be updated.
There are numerous reasons why updates might never come, fail to meet sales expectations, general lost of interest to keep developing, even untimely demise.
Even if you could tell when that change was made, there is still no guarantee an update will ever come.

Don't worry; I didn't buy it for that reason. I've actually had it for (I'm pretty sure) at least a year, and I don't remember whether it had the mention of 2.0 back then. (If I did, I wouldn't be posting this thread. :P)

Edited by MyAlt4099

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.