Stubborn eye movement in self portraits.Solutions?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I take photos of other AVs, I use an eyepod to control their eye movement (works great). 

Does anyone know of a product or trick to better control your own AV's eye movement when taking self portraits? I always find myself frustrated just wishing my AV would look just a little more towards the camera. 

Here are a couple of different tricks.

One is to res a sphere, place it over your avatar's head and then set it to a 100% transparent texture.  There is one in the library call "*default Transparent" that works great.  Then, when you focus the camera with an alt-click, your eyes will track to the point on the sphere you just touched.  Line up the shot with this and fine tune with the view controls.

Second, and the one I use, is to use the freeze frame option.  I res a prim and use it as a focus.  First step is to set up the pose, next is position the focus prim to look where I want, then check the freeze frame option.  That locks every thing in place.  I can cam around, click on different things or do whatever it takes to position the camera for a shot and not have to worry about looking away or even blinking.  Once the camera is set, hit the refresh button and then Save.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

oke, so iv been looking for the same thing thats in this post, you all of listed vary helpfull things, but im here in 2016. the future. and i come bareing the actual answer this this persons request, im on firestrom and if you go to Avatar>Preferences>move&view>Movement.  there is a check box that says "Turn avatar tword selected object" uncheck this box, and it will stop your eyes from moving where your camra moves, and will follow your head like you want. have a good day now~ <3 

-Edit after relizing where heck i posted. soooo this is actually not the answer you were looking for, but hey, its the answer many other people failed to find for how to stop your eye movement, so ill just leave it here...ENJOY!!! *jumps out window* :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.