Things I'm making in SL.

Galactikat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone. I just (nearly) finished making my own skin and thought I would post it here. It is not fantastic and looks a bit basic but I'm happy with it since it was my first attempt. I just noticed when taking pictures that the face is brighter than the body... lol, so I'm gonna have to fix that.

I've also made some make up.  I was consider selling them but don't know how to make my own applier HUDs since I know nothing at all about scripting.

skin_075.png

skin_076.png

skin_077.png

Edited by charlottevics
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 7:39 AM, charlottevics said:

I was consider selling them but don't know how to make my own applier HUDs since I know nothing at all about scripting.

You definitely want to sell system-layer versions because Bakes on Mesh is starting to become a thing. As for appliers, get this:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Dev-Kit/6070969

It's very easy to use, basically you right-click the texture in inventory, choose "Copy UUID" then edit the modifiable script in the applier, and past the UUID for that texture where it tells you to do so. That's it. Then you set the script and applier prim to no-modify and no-copy. Certainly you'll want to test it, so make a copy of your body and head to test to with.

Then bundle the system-layer skin along with the Omega Applier and sell it. Be sure to add these logos to your advertising image and be sure to say "BOM READY" on there, too!  :)

Classic Avatars Logo

Omega Logo

And for the record: that is a beautiful skin! I know how much work it is as I've just recently dome my own as well. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, and thank you for all the helpful info Alyona. I will definitely make BOM versions and now that I have a few decent things to put on the market I'm looking more seriously into selling them. Just need to come up with a good store name, logo, branding designs and such. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.