No Deploys for the week commencing 01.20.2020?

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So...a deathly silence has fallen over this thread once more.  Will the Lindens deign to appraise us of the state of the Rolling Restart system or do we sit in blissful (or otherwise) ignorance as to whither SL?

I recall we were told back at the start of the year that there would be a Blogpost  about the restart woes that afflicted the last week of 2019.  Has anyone seen such a thing?

Grumpity posted this:

Hi all! I was really hoping my first post of the new year would be more jolly, but here we are.  Happy New Year, though! 

For a couple of years now, we've had automated tools, aptly named "Grid Poking Bot" (GPB for short) responsible for doing region restarts, and this has been working quite well - most of the time. Very unfortunately, there was a problem with the GPB over the holidays, and due to a combination of events, it took us much too long to notice - and we finally caught it in part thanks to this very forum thread and a certain vigilant "Spray Can".  We're now actively pursuing the least disruptive ways to address this problem as quickly as possible.  We'll have a more detailed postmortem blog in a couple of days as well.  

We're very sorry about souring your holidays.  

Edited by Aishagain
additional text

No rolling restarts today (I see they're still on 533447), just restarts for regions that have been up a while as far as I can tell (not all were restarted)

Will be restarts tomorrow for RC regions (my parcel's region was last restarted on Wed. 8th). Anyone's guess if it will be just a restart or a rolling one.

11 hours ago, Hatsya said:

I think Monday was a holiday in the US, so doubt anything would happen Tuesday.

The way I heard it, from non-SL friends in the USA, it's a holiday only for Federal workers, few private companies do anything special. The Lindens did do some scheduled maintenance on Monday.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.