Material reverts to old one?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

Currently I am experimenting with texturing and have very strange problem. I have a mesh with multiple materials. First texture fills entire mesh, but I know I can correct this with texturing faces. So what I do - I use faces selection + edit linked and I correct all materials on the model. It looks good. Then I detach mesh, wear it again and damn first material still feels everything as I never corrected materials. I tried this while I was wearing mesh... rezzed it on the ground and retextured, but all the same: first material fills everything. 

Is it some kind bug or I am doing something wrong?

Edited by KittyCharming

1 hour ago, KittyCharming said:

Hi all,

Currently I am experimenting with texturing and have very strange problem. I have a mesh with multiple materials. First texture fills entire mesh, but I know I can correct this with texturing faces. So what I do - I use faces selection + edit linked and I correct all materials on the model. It looks good. Then I detach mesh, wear it again and damn first material still feels everything as I never corrected materials. I tried this while I was wearing mesh... rezzed it on the ground and retextured, but all the same: first material fills everything. 

Is it some kind bug or I am doing something wrong?

And eight materials per mesh object. That SHOULD work, so there is something wrong with your model, alas.  

I have had this happen in the past when I accidently had 2 materials with the same name. 

ETA: It also happens if you use material names with spaces in them and the first word of 2 materials is identical.

It's best not to use spaces in material names. If you want to control the number a face gets assigned during upload, make sure you name the materials in alphabetical order accordingly. I always rename any material names before export to: 01Material, 02Material, 03Material, etc....

Edited by Christhiana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.