Is there a tool for capturing particle effects parameters?

Myra Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a tool for capturing particle effects parameters?

I'm starting to build and play with particle effects a little more. I've seen some very nice effects around SL and I've spent hours trying to duplicate some of these effects. Sometimes I get what I want and sometimes I don't.

Sometimes the script is in the object, so that's easy enough, but sometimes it's not. That's where it gets a little hard and I have to go into trial and error mode.

Is there a tool that might help me figure out some of the parameters in these effects? Things like acceleration, radius, particle life, etc.

Though there are a number of effects I'd like to figure out, one I'm particularly interested in, at the moment, is the effect in a popular freebie called, Red Rose + Hearts. The hearts drift all around you. It's a great effect.

Thanks for any help.

There are no tools for capturing settings from another script but there are ones for helping you to generate your own.  They tend to have names like 'Particle Factory' so have a look on the marketplace or search for that.

A quick look on marketplace gives me, as an example that I haven't tried so can't recommend, https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/EASY-FX-Particle-Generator-Effects-Creator-Script-Generator-only-2-Prim-Create-FULL-PERM-Scripts/2122846?ple=c

They will be others!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.