Legacy applier.

Aiomy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, i am trying to update body skins for new Legacy, but there is a problem with the feet - https://prnt.sc/qfyx9q ,these are not a BOM skins, so superimposed skins using the applier i created using scripts from Legacy. I can't find a solution to this problem, maybe someone knows how to fix it?

Screenshot_4.png

If you can get a mesh model from the legacy mesh vendor, just bake the texture from the system avatar mesh to the legacy mesh. This technique adjusts the image between the two UV Maps implicit in the mesh model. Afterward, you will probably want to do some hand painting in 3D to put the final touches on the product. 

The video is about baking from high to low poly; you are going in the opposite direction.  The key point is that you are baking from one UV Map to another.

Edited by Desiree Moonwinder

9 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

In short: as a plain customer, you'll have next to no chance to fix this yourself.

As an alternative, you can look at the free BOM hands & feet fix by Izzie Button. They are meant for her own skinline, but you might find a suitable match to your skin tone.

Well, my view is that these days building in SL and texturizing on flat projections in Photoshop (or GIMP) is a lot harder than just making the jump to 3D tools. 

Well yes, in the end, it might depend on one's individual skills.

But my main thought here is that a plain customer, no matter what skill, won't have any realistic chances to get the 3D files for any mesh body. Heck, they won't even have the skin textures. Legally.

So those hotfixes are one's best bet, if the original skin creator isn't releasing an update.

• 3 weeks later...

If you are skin creator, check Create box in Legacy body folder, there is a help NC with link to psd files download page. As with most mesh bodies, hands and feet do not match SLUV, meaning you will have to adjust to their mapping and then create BoM or applier, or just create a tattoo and wear over the skin.

If you are trying to work with someone else`s textures/skin, then your best bet is to contact the creator or perhaps check their store in case they have Legacy compatible skins or tattoo overlays for feet and hands.

@Desire,  High to low poly baking is just a way to capture fine details modeled in a high poly version to a low poly/game ready model,  both models have same UV coordinates/mapping.....However, in this case, we have two different UVs, SLUV and Legacy UV, most of the body is fine, but feet and hands do not match.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1704 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.