Jump to content
  • 0

http_response error 499


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know that the error 499 can happen in the following scenarios: request timeout, SSL failure, and space present in URL.

The problem is, I get the error 499 in only some regions where my game is, not all. It is sporadic. Happened last week, and the problem came and went in some regions, when it finally stopped after 2 hours, more or less. Now it is happening again, and only in some sims.

And I get only the status code, 499, no body, no metadata.

I checked all I can check in my own server, and find no problem, not even record of the connection when the error 499 occurs, that means it isn't a timeout. Website working all the time.

When the http_response is fired with this error, it is less than one second after the request is sent.

Space in URL is not the problem, I'm having the same script working for 2 years without this problem.

SSL don't think so, since the objects works in other regions.

The only thing I'm thinking is being throttled , but the error code is not 499, is 503 (that I never get).

My server is a VPS running Debian, not a shared hosting, and is always below 10% of CPU and memory usage.

Anyone have any suggestion on what else I can check to discover what is going on? It don't happen all the time and it is very, very sporadic, and started 2 weeks ago.

PS: while I was tipping it here and paying attention in my region, the error stopped after one hour. Request are working again.

Edited by NeevaBecketEmagan
enphazing first line for reasons
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I think you are going to have to be more specific about what you are attempting to do when you get the error.

In the SL frame work we consider the Linden Lab side of things the servers. We consider the user, player, or the one using the viewer the client side of things.

If English is a second language, try writing in your native language.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm sending commands to my server from an object in-world, not an attachment. They are just plain small pieces of text. The object is sending the command every 15 minutes. This object is a "buoy", and some users have it in their lands in various regions.

I see this error, when it happens, occurring no matter which viewer the user is using. I was the only person in one of the regions when the object started to have this error, I wasn't even close to the object. The server my region region is located is Second Life Server 2019-12-04T20:29:26.533447, region sim10439.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.51.145:13006). First time I was using Firestorm, but in the second I was with the official viewer (both latest releases).

It is totally sporadic, and when starts, doesn't happens in all regions, only in some. And in some of those regions the error stops, to start again after some minutes, even in an empty sim with only the object sending the command every 15 minutes. In both occurrences it happened in my region (The Elven Starship). In the first occurrence it also happened in a mainland region called Transimeno, but not in the second time. I don't remember the others (next time I hope I have time to take note of all regions).

Restarting the objects scripts or the region itself don't fix the error. I always need to wait for the error to stop by its own.

In the other regions I don't know what else is happening, I don't have parcels there, not even an object. In my own region, only my games and some casper vendors and dropboxes, nothing more.

I'm here waiting for the error to happen again to try to get more information.

I'm still thinking that is something with my SSL certificate, but I don't know exactly how to check it, since the request don't even arrive in my server. I had a problem with a hater with some 3rd-part tools that attacked my game 2 months ago. I rewrote the scripts, changed server address, and added SSL (using CertBot) in my server. The error started almost 1 month later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

An addendum to what I forgot in the previous answers:

When one region start with the error, the players search for the next one that is working (there is a real-time list in the website, that works all the time). In this case there is between 10 and 20 players, that generates up to 50 requests per minute from various attached objects (the rods and HUDs), without any error or any noticeable delay between the server.

This is bugging me a lot 🤔

Maybe a DDoS attack in my server? (I have no report of it happening, but, who knows).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...