How do I update an outfit?

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a lot of old saved outfits with different hair that I want to keep using but everytime I equip it I have to unequip the hair and re-equip the new hair. I know I can just delete the outfit and resave it but is there a way to just update them instead of deleting them?

If you have outfits with "Hair A" and you want to change all of them to "Hair B" instead,  you should be able to use "Replace Links" (depending on if this is available in the viewer you use - it is in the Firestorm viewer, LL official viewer and the Kokua viewer, and may be in others as well). 

To use "Replace Links", right click on the "Hair A" in one of the outfits, and then choose "Replace Links" from the menu. 

That will display a "Replace Inventory Links" dialog box that will show the name of the item you want to replace as OLD, and a place for the name of the NEW item.  Find the item you want to use as the new item in your inventory, and drag the item into the NEW section of the "Replace Inventory Links" dialog box.  It will tell you how many outfits contain the item you want to replace. Click the "Start" button and wait for it to finish updating all the links from the OLD item to the NEW item. 

With Outfits you have a choice to SAVE AS, which creates a new Outfit, or SAVE which saves over the Outfit you are wearing.

So, you can wear the outfit you want to update then change what you are wearing and just SAVE it.

If you are wanting to update a bunch of Outfits, like with a new body or head, then moirakathleen's answer to use REPLACE is the better choice.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
dumb mispell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.