Abandoning my Linden Home...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read a few threads/posts on people abandoning thier homes, but didn't see if what I am asking is possible...

I want to abandon my Linden home, purchase 512m on Mainland, and bypass any tier fee, as I am still only at my 512m allotment...

Is the 512m allotment ONLY for Linden homes, or can we apply it to any other place we buy?!? What if I buy from a realtor? Would I still owe them their tier fee, or does that go to Linden direct?!?

My apologies if this has been asked and answered, but any help or infor would be greatly appreciated...

Hi, if you abandon the Linden Home, you can use the 512 as regular mainland tier. You will have to pay the up front "purchase" price for the land.  It does not matter who you buy the land from, as long as you really buy and do not rent, and it is on the mainland and not a private estate. (The estates are not part of the premium tier system.)

Cerise covered it all, I would just add that when you "buy" the land you do have that upfront charge, but hopefully you get that back when you resell the land & if you buy wisely you get back more than you paid. Just like RL :)

That is the only charge, you don`t have any monthly fees as long as its just a 512 plot.

Right now with so much abandoned land going to sale for $L 1/ m,  there are probably many 512 lots available cheap.  Before you buy, though, create a group and either have a friend or an alt join it. They you can have 560 meters of land (as well as more prims) without having to pay more tier. 

All land is sold in units divisible by 16, so the next larger lot you can own with the 10% group bonus is 512 + 48 = 560 m.

If you were to up your tier to the next level, you would pay for 512 m, but still get 512 m of free land. Then your land group could own a maximum of  1024 + 96 = 1120 m.

Expecting to get your money back when selling land is probably a bit optimistic now, since the market currently favors buyers over sellers.

(Edit to correct calculation error.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.