skin and head help

AnyaKarma

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Like the body, the head comes with an alpha mask item that you must wear to hide your classic system head.  Either the body or the head, or both, may also have a "full body/head" alpha mask so you can just wear the one.  When wearing anything, it's important to understand the difference between Add and Wear.  Wear will replace any object(s) on the same attachment point, or any texture layers of the same type (alpha, skin, tattoo, etc.)  Add will add the new item without removing any old ones you are wearing.

Once you have your regular head invisible, right click and Add the head object.  There should be a HUD too, to control the head.  Add that, too.

I'm not sure what sort of skin you bought.  If the skin has the inventory symbol of a sort of pink squiggle, it's intended for the classic avatar.  It won't show up on your mesh body or head, unless it also has an "applier".  The applier will have a cube symbol in your inventory.  Right click and Add it.  A small HUD will appear on your screen.  Click it to apply the skin to your mesh body or head.

I don't have a lot of time to respond, since I'm about to run out the door for work in about 5 minutes, but a quick search for Entity on Marketplace shows that they don't sell mesh heads; only skin appliers for other brands of mesh head (primarily Catwa, Genus, Lelutka, and Vista) and matching skin appliers for mesh bodies. Presumably you bought the body applier intended for Maitreya, so Lindal's instructions on using an applier HUD will help you, but if you haven't purchased a mesh head then the head appliers won't work on your system head.

11 hours ago, AnyaKarma said:

Hello! I have a Maitreya Lara body and I just bought a skin and head from Entity. I don't know how to wear these. When I "wear" or "add" anything, it doesn't seem to change what I look like.

How does this stuff work?

Do you have a mesh head? If so, what brand is it, and does the skin pack include an applier for that brand? 

If you have no mesh head, it will only work if the skin pack also includes a system skin.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.