Can´t buy L$

MoraSov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Are you using a credit card or a debit card from a bank?

LL will not accept "off the shelf" debit cards available at Best Buy, Walgreens, Walmart, 7/Eleven ad nauseum. The Lab wants to be paid NOW, not in 5-10 days as OTS cards tend to do. I suggest getting a PayPal card. I did find that the temporary PayPal card will work as long as you register it with PayPal. When you purchased the card, you dump $20 on it on top of the purchase price. PayPal now has that $20.

Register online the pertinent info required to activate it and you should be good to go. Get $15 worth of lindens (there is a service charge on LL's behalf). Be advised, I'm speaking from my experience with PayPal, so mileage will vary. A few weeks later, I was mailed a permanent card (with a different account number). I am currently using a bank debit and have no problems getting L$'s. Haven't used the PayPal in a quire awhile.

I'm sure someone will pop in with other suggestions.

13 minutes ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

Are you using a credit card or a debit card from a bank?

LL will not accept "off the shelf" debit cards available at Best Buy, Walgreens, Walmart, 7/Eleven ad nauseum. The Lab wants to be paid NOW, not in 5-10 days as OTS cards tend to do. I suggest getting a PayPal card. I did find that the temporary PayPal card will work as long as you register it with PayPal. When you purchased the card, you dump $20 on it on top of the purchase price. PayPal now has that $20.

Register online the pertinent info required to activate it and you should be good to go. Get $15 worth of lindens (there is a service charge on LL's behalf). Be advised, I'm speaking from my experience with PayPal, so mileage will vary. A few weeks later, I was mailed a permanent card (with a different account number). I am currently using a bank debit and have no problems getting L$'s. Haven't used the PayPal in a quire awhile.

I'm sure someone will pop in with other suggestions.

I'm using a debit card I have from a bank not those prepaid cards you mentioned, i didn't had any trouble with it until now. I also used paypal and still not working

Edited by MoraSov

49 minutes ago, MoraSov said:

I'm using a debit card I have from a bank not those prepaid cards you mentioned, i didn't had any trouble with it until now. I also used paypal and still not working

Is there a possibility that the DATE on your card has expired? That will do it.  You should be able to send in a support ticket or chat up Live Help if you are premium. 

Hi there, I've also had the same problem as MoraSov.

I've tried to buy L$ in the last 24 hours with my debit card using PayPal. Both times it has failed.
I've had no problems up until now. My debit card is in working order as I use it every week. My PayPal is also working correctly.

I've checked my Account History/Statements which shows both my attempts have been declined, LindeX Currency Buy "failed" with no reason given as to why.

I've discovered that LL has now put in place a system called "Tilia" to deal with "process credit requests".
I wonder if my attempts to purchase L$ has been effected by this, even though it states in the FAQs that "Tilia is not involved in the Linden dollar purchase process".

Will I have to provide additional ID to Tilia in order to purchase L$ with a debit card or PayPal payment method?

I had an email from LL noting that there were problems with the Marketplace sometime during the last couple of days.  Perhaps your problems are related to this.  Try your purchase again.

If it fails, you could try calling LL's Billing hotline for additional help: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277

Regarding Tilia:  Tilia is a wholly-owned subsidiary company of Linden Lab.  They split off the money-handling aspects from SL in order to comply with US virtual currency laws, and also because they may try to market that payments system to other clients.  But if you do need to give additional information "to Tilia", you are really just providing it to LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.