i want to work in shop, selling stuff

mulana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

40 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

What was written between that brackets? Really would like to know :)

Because I made a comment that would likely apply directly to what the OP says, but without attacking them. Then I realized that those who don't like me here (yes, there are some, I know: GASP!) could use it to insinuate a "personal attack" - but also as I read and reread the OP comment I decided "You (meaning myself) really should give the benefit of the doubt, we speak multiple languages and remember how difficult the learning of it was."

So, the "Laughs" is me laughing at myself. Because, though I often try to be humorist here, sometimes I just need to get back to my core beliefs, which is: "Everyone deserves respect and courteousness until they show that they don't deserve it." (So those (all-but-one) so-called "personal attacks" I've been accused of weren't, they were usually frivolous reports or snowflakes who don't have a clue how to comprehend context. LOL)

@mulana - You may be just looking to "troll" the forums (and if that's the case: you are darned good one) - or you may be authentically asking a legitimate question. Since not enough information is provided, I'll refer you to the "Employment" forum, where you'll have better luck finding what you're looking for.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Because I made a comment that would likely apply directly to what the OP says, but without attacking them. Then I realized that those who don't like me here (yes, there are some, I know: GASP!) could use it to insinuate a "personal attack" -

I was close to respond to the OP yesterday... I had my answer ready to be sent, got carried away by RL, and when i came back, i didnt like my harsh words anymore. So i just closed that window. ^^

19 hours ago, mulana said:

i want to work in shop, selling stuff.

I would recommend you working something or somewhere else, if you want to earn money while being in contact with people. SL items are sold on the marketplace and in inworld stores. The majority of them dont have and never had any employees loitering around a service desk, paying attention to the SL customers for hours just for the unlikely case someone has a question. If there is an avatar sitting behind the desk at all, its mostly a bot. As there are redelivery terminals, group joiners and contact boards, a physical presence is just not necessary.
What you could do, if you dont want to wrap yourself around a pole in club is to apply for something else... Some landlords, like GLH, have employees, for example. You would have pay attention to the group chat and answering your tennants questions, trying to get their problems solved.
But, like Alyona and Love already mentioned, a post in the right subforum would be a good start.

1 hour ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I was close to respond to the OP yesterday... I had my answer ready to be sent, got carried away by RL, and when i came back, i didnt like my harsh words anymore. So i just closed that window. ^^

I would recommend you working something or somewhere else, if you want to earn money while being in contact with people. SL items are sold on the marketplace and in inworld stores. The majority of them dont have and never had any employees loitering around a service desk, paying attention to the SL customers for hours just for the unlikely case someone has a question. If there is an avatar sitting behind the desk at all, its mostly a bot. As there are redelivery terminals, group joiners and contact boards, a physical presence is just not necessary.
What you could do, if you dont want to wrap yourself around a pole in club is to apply for something else... Some landlords, like GLH, have employees, for example. You would have pay attention to the group chat and answering your tennants questions, trying to get their problems solved.
But, like Alyona and Love already mentioned, a post in the right subforum would be a good start.

thank you ^^

3 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

The majority of them dont have and never had any employees loitering around a service desk, paying attention to the SL customers for hours just for the unlikely case someone has a question. If there is an avatar sitting behind the desk at all, its mostly a bot. As there are redelivery terminals, group joiners and contact boards, a physical presence is just not necessary.

Back in the day (maybe 10+ years ago), I saw avatars (and knew some personally) who would "work" in stores as "models". 

Mulana, as was already pointed out most stores don't have any salespeople on the floor; there is really no need as sales are automated via vending devices, etc. Moreover most sales are nowadays in the Marketplace (at least for me, though I think for many others too). If you want to become an outside salesperson (that is actually cold-calling on business or sim owners with a products catalog in hand then IM me in-world and I'll be glad to talk to you. (Might take a cpl days before I answer)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.