Looking for a Mesh Head (Ebody compatibility)

Marie2921

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The most popular/widely created for head brands will set you back between L$5,000 & L$5,500 if you absolutely love a head in this price range and you can't afford it in one go save, don't buy a head you're not entirely happy with because it's more affordable as you'll never be entirely happy with it and will end up spending more money on your dream head anyway

I believe the free eBody's still only allow you to use the built in skins so while you could use any brand out there i think the problem you're going to have is finding an applier that matches the eBody skins or a head whose built in skins can be tinted to mach eBody

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:27 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

If cost is an issue, LAQ heads are sold separate from the HUD.  One HUD is usable with all of their heads.  You can buy just a head for 1500L.  The HUD for full features is an additional 3000L.

Something else to think about is try out the demos on some 'facial expression animated furniture'.

- I was Mayreal, then Catwa, and am now thinking of switching to LAQ for this reason.

LAQ has facial expressions that work with furniture straight out of the box, or rather default HUD. And you can remove the HUD, log out, take off the head, wear some other head, etc... put that head back on without the HUD, and the expressions are still there (I presume until I turn it off or reset the head scripts).

For Catwa I had to make my own special HUD that read the messages coming out of furniture telling my 'system head' to express, and convert them to Catwa animations called to it's HUD's API - to do that I have to have both the HUD and my special relay HUD on... and, the Catwa expressions are so subtle and low animation priority I often miss seeing them.

(there are 2 brands of third party HUDs that use their own animations - they are actually higher script lag than my 2 HUD system, and their animations are generic so on some heads your tongue will come out through your nose or your teeth will poke through your jaw... so they aren't the solution either)

I can't speak for other brands.

I can say there are other things I greatly like about Catwa - but this one thing is big for me personally.

Demo every brand in all your usual use cases, and a few extra... because what you want that head to do tomorrow might be something you aren't using it for today... It's hard to predict what you will want out of your brand choice 6 months from now... but not trying to can be costly.

On 10/1/2019 at 7:54 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

I don't have an Ebody but I believe just about any head will be compatible.

All that counts at the end of the day is the neck seam.

Do they both have a neck seam that can fit for a 'system default head' - almost every brand does that. Even the anime M4 Venus that is meant for the Kemono and Avatar 2.0, has a neck to wear to fit the system body.

If your head and body both cat fit the system body, against almost every brand makes the 'cut' at the exact same spot because it's where the texture maps line up.

- So compatibility is almost never an issue for fit.

But I noted M4 Venus for a reason, and that reason is texture maps. It's a rare exception to the rule that almost every other head uses - almost every head out there can wear the same texture as the default SL body, and can work with Omega so most skins will work for both your body and head. M4 Venus is different. Totally unique UV map, so there are maybe less than 20 skins in all of SL for it, and if you combine it with the product it was actually made for, the Avatar 2.0 body, then so far I have found exactly 3 skins for it, all from the same shop, and all 'highly themed' to look like Japanese Undead / Ghost creatures.

- So just make sure both head and body can take Omega if you go for a smaller brand. :)

• 4 months later...

Classic and Curvy eBody free version are both Bom (baked on mesh) 

Their are several  free version to affordable   bom mesh heads  on the market place I have seen that are added . You can use many classic to bom skins. 

Altamura maya mesh head (Omega) the skins come with it match pretty close to eBody  but you can also use  skins from 7 deadly skins .  If your only going stay omega compatible or just use the skin hud on maya head works pretty good. 

Ak heads has deals every now and then in the group the head are affordable. 

Look around the holidays and deals. 

Edited by Vanoralynna

On 10/1/2019 at 4:27 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

If cost is an issue, LAQ heads are sold separate from the HUD.  One HUD is usable with all of their heads.  You can buy just a head for 1500L.  The HUD for full features is an additional 3000L.

That's what I did. I bought a LAQ head on its own first, and got the hud a few weeks later. Although I did try other demos and based on the look I wanted, I narrowed it down to one from LAQ and one from Catwa. I chose LAQ because of this pricing strategy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.