New Glare on my Avi Skin & Hair

Roxy9999

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am having having an issue with glare patches on my avi's hair, face and skin, especially a patch in between my breasts & upwards in a V shape.  The glare issue is still there when I take off my Catwa Head Light.  I am not wearing any other lighting.  It gets worse when I try to use my LumiPro Lighting  for picture taking.  I have spent a lot of time moving around the LumiPro Lights and can't find a position to place them in that does not increase the glare, except of course if the lights are shining away from me.  But without LumiPro lights, there is a glare issue so I am thinking Lumipro settings is not the cause.  I wear a Maitreya body and have tried turning the shine and glossiness off.  I use the Firestorm viewer and all the settings in Preferences, Graphics seem to be set at those I have been using for years.  I have tried various Quality settings in that menu and the glare remains.  It even happens with the basic Midday Light, so I don't think it is an Windlight selection issue.   I have tried going to a variety of sims and have the same issue at them all so it does not seem to be a specific environment problem.  The glare is there even if I take off all my clothes, hair and jewelry.  Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the new glare issue I am experiencing?

i tend to agree with Whirly

when then are no local lights near us and all the HUD(s) mesh shimmer/shine is off then what we see is how our graphics card renders us

i personally find that on my graphics card (NVidia GTX 1050TI) the default Midday windlight is the harshest most unforgiving lighting setting. So what I do is tweak my HUD settings and my very subtle facelight until I get it looking as best I can on Midday. Knowing that under any other lighting I am going to look better

my facelight is super subtle. I position it and tint the light cast, so that it complements my skin / makeup, helping to wash out / de-emphasis any shadowing caused by my viewer graphics settings whichever they may be set too

edit add: It could be that your graphics card is starting to go wonky. Hope not but it could be

Edited by Mollymews

6 hours ago, Roxy9999 said:

I have done as you suggested.  The only object that comes up is the Catwa Ears.  Light is not checked under features. It is funny that the red box is only over one of the 2 ears.  The 2 ears appear to be one object together. When I choose Edit Linked and click on the one ear with the red box again, only that ear is selected rather than the 2 of them.  There is no modify allowed on the ears. Perhaps for some reason I am not able to select the box?  I have tried quite a few times and all the comes up is the ears. 

Yep, the ears (and what is apparently their anchor prim, the red box) are a single object.  Since they don't emit light, you've eliminated that as a possible cause.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.