A question to all merchants/creators......

Josephine Carissa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings Everyone,

I am just wondering about something;

Why do merchants advertise their wonderful products on sites and blogs and not have them available in their MP store ?

reason;

So many times i see something awesome and i'm not able to be in world so i rush right to the MP store and search for the mentioned product and no luck : ( i try to remember when events are over or to remember which blog i see something i like in, (maybe they could do a update or reminder).

Thank you for your time,

Josephine 

Most likely it is because the don't put everything on the Marketplace purposefully.   There are many creators that have only a token bit of items on the Marketplace so that people can SEE if it is the store they are looking for. There is a percentage taken from each Marketplace sale that isn't taken inworld. Some BIG creators don't have a Marketplace store at all.   

There may be a few creators that don't sell an item inworld after an event but that kind of event "exclusive went away pretty quickly as most creators want to sell there items over the years, not just one month :D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

There are many creators that have only a token bit of items on the Marketplace so that people can SEE if it is the store they are looking for.

Yes it's this, mostly because they have the mistaken impression that parcel/place traffic is actually relevant (it's not.) For myself, I shop MP and that's it. If it's not on a merchant's MP store then I'll just skip it. Even if I see something that only has a demo at their in-world store I will very, very rarely actually go to their in-world location to grab a demo (and that's fine, the other way around is against MP TOS: Having a demo on MP but not the full-price version).

I figure anything and everything we buy in SL is 100% elective and discretional-spending. So I have trained myself that if something grabs my eye and I cannot snag it on impulse then I'll skip it and the impulse fades quickly. I'm deleting items from my favorites list more often than actually going back and purchasing. Because scrutinization is your safety-net.

🧐

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Josephine Carissa said:

So many times i see something awesome and i'm not able to be in world so i rush right to the MP store and search for the mentioned product and no luck : ( i try to remember when events are over or to remember which blog i see something i like in, (maybe they could do a update or reminder).

This sounds like you're talking about event exclusives. Many events ask for something new, and only sold at the event initially, as part of the requirements for taking part. Merchants could choose not to do events, but usually such things generate a lot of sales, so it's worth taking part.

I try to get all my new stuff on the marketplace, but things like event items and hunt items won't be there until the event/hunt is over.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1697 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.