Delete account

Coldvibe96

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

10 answers to this question

It's hard to answer without knowing more.

If you have a Premium account, you cannot cancel it immediately.  If you tell them today that you want to cancel the account, it will still be active until the end of the period that you have already paid for.  So, if you opened your account in January and paid for a year, you will still be a Premium member until next January, even if you tell them to cancel the account today.  You will not get a refund.  It would be smarter to tell Linden Lab that you want to downgrade the account to Basic.  You will still be a Premium member until the end of the period you have already paid for, but they will not renew the Premium status and charge you a renewal fee at the end of it.

If you have a Basic account, you may cancel at any time.  If you decide to return, Linden Lab may charge you a $10 fee to reactivate the account.  They will not guarantee that you inventory and account L$ balance will still be there.  It is usually much smarter to not cancel the account, but to simply walk away and leave the account open.  Then, if you return there will be no fee and your inventory will almost certainly still be there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm pretty sure the system only keeps deleted account for up to six months.

I heard from friend,that he reactivated his alt ,which was on hold more than 2 years.But another friend wasn't able to do same. So,after 6 month no way to reactivate?

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

As far as I know, that has never been true.  I have known people who reactivated an account years after it was canceled.

This is the official policy stated in the FAQ. Whether it's true or works in an uneven manner is another story altogether. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

As far as I know, that has never been true.  I have known people who reactivated an account years after it was canceled.

And if I eill try to reactivate my acvountt,I will need to answer LL support questions like secret question,date of avatar birth ?sorry for silly questions,just wanted to know if reactivation is same easy as before

7 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's hard to answer without knowing more.

If you have a Premium account, you cannot cancel it immediately.  If you tell them today that you want to cancel the account, it will still be active until the end of the period that you have already paid for.  So, if you opened your account in January and paid for a year, you will still be a Premium member until next January, even if you tell them to cancel the account today.  You will not get a refund.  It would be smarter to tell Linden Lab that you want to downgrade the account to Basic.  You will still be a Premium member until the end of the period you have already paid for, but they will not renew the Premium status and charge you a renewal fee at the end of it.

If you have a Basic account, you may cancel at any time.  If you decide to return, Linden Lab may charge you a $10 fee to reactivate the account.  They will not guarantee that you inventory and account L$ balance will still be there.  It is usually much smarter to not cancel the account, but to simply walk away and leave the account open.  Then, if you return there will be no fee and your inventory will almost certainly still be there.

Thank you for this detailed answer,I am basic member. And can you tell me how to stop recieve anything from sl on email?

2 minutes ago, Coldvibe96 said:

And if I eill try to reactivate my acvountt,I will need to answer LL support questions like secret question,date of avatar birth ?sorry for silly questions,just wanted to know if reactivation is same easy as before

Here's the process (from the Knowledge Base):

Re-activating a canceled account

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

To start the process:

1. Open a support case.
  2. Under What type of problem are you having? choose Account Issue.
  3. Choose Reactivate an old account.
  4. Enter the required information
  5. Click Submit.

You decide whether that is easy or not.  Personally, I wouldn't consider closing an account.  It's impossible to predict what you may want to do in a year or two.  If you just leave the Basic account active and walk away, you can return at any time without doing any paperwork to reactivate it, and it won't cost you a thing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Coldvibe96 said:

And can you tell me how to stop recieve anything from sl on email?

Change the e-mail address in your contact information.  Most long-time SL residents that I know personally have always used a gmail account that does nothing but collect email from SL.  If you set up one, you can simply ignore anything that is delivered there if you wish.  SL email won't get mixed in with your other work/personal email accounts.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Here's the process (from the Knowledge Base):

Re-activating a canceled account

If you have cancelled your account, you may be able to restore it, depending on how long ago it was cancelled. There is a US$9.95 reactivation fee for restoring an account.

Warning: Even if your account is restored, the associated inventory, land, and Linden dollar balance may be unrecoverable.

To start the process:

1. Open a support case.
  2. Under What type of problem are you having? choose Account Issue.
  3. Choose Reactivate an old account.
  4. Enter the required information
  5. Click Submit.

You decide whether that is easy or not.  Personally, I wouldn't consider closing an account.  It's impossible to predict what you may want to do in a year or two.  If you just leave the Basic account active and walk away, you can return at any time without doing any paperwork to reactivate it, and it won't cost you a thing.

Ok,I heard you. I think I better leave  account active,but not log on for a while.thank you for the support Rolig

Edited by Coldvibe96

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.