Harassment

Mariah2 Whimsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just want to know how  to stop a person from harassing me..he can't log to SL but he is posting from website to his account, i talked to him, but he keeps threatening me to post my RL there.

i don't know how to stop him from this, i really need help. I changed my avatars many times but he always finds out its me. I don' t know what to do and i am sick and tired of this crazy guy!

Edited by DiamantePR

6 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, DiamantePR said:

He is not connecting because he does not have a computer at the moment he does everything from his cell phone ... I have blocked everything, but my friends know who he is and can read what this man posts. Is he breaking the rules of SL? Please tell me how to report it.

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

You can submit an Abuse Report that includes enough information about name, dates/times of his message, and any other information that might be useful.  Be sure to note that you believe that he is violating the Community Standard against harrassment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DiamantePR said:

I just want to know how  to stop a person from harrasing me..he can't log to SL but he is posting from website to his account, i talked to him, but he keeps threatening me to post my RL there.

i don't know how to stop him from this, i really need help. I changed my avatars many times but he always finds out its me. I don' t know what to do and i am sick and tired of this crazy guy!

mute/block and report
if you make  new account block him upfront, don't wait
and don't respond.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can submit an Abuse Report that includes enough information about name, dates/times of his message, and any other information that might be useful.  Be sure to note that you believe that he is violating the Community Standard against harrassment.

That said, there are some limits to what Linden Lab can do.  If, as you say, he cannot log in to SL, that may mean that he has already been suspended by LL.  If they were to issue a permanent ban, his account would be closed and he would not be able to send you messages through it.  However, Linden Lab cannot prevent him from posting information -- even hurtful information -- on his own web site, or anywhere else.  Their TOS does not control what a person does outside of SL.  If harrassment is taking place outside of SL, you will need to take the matter to the RL law authorities.

Meanwhile, as Alwin says, block him and do not respond to any messages he may send you.  With luck, he will simply go away when he sees that you are not paying attention any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DiamantePR said:

I just want to know how  to stop a person from harassing me..he can't log to SL but he is posting from website to his account, i talked to him, but he keeps threatening me to post my RL there.

~🌺Thank you very much for your answers. He is not connecting because he does not have a computer at the moment he does everything from his cell phone ... I have blocked everything, but my friends know who he is and can read what this man posts. Is he breaking the rules of SL? Please tell me how to report it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.