Spam in local chat

Nina Jashan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> name removed Resident.
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxx Resident.
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxxxxx
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxx
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxx Resident.
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation -->  xxxxxx Resident.
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxx
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation -->xxxxxx  Resident.
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxx Resident.
[06:35] (Unnamed): About Group Join -->  xxxxxxxxxxxx
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation -->  xxxxx
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxxxxxxxx
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation -->  xxxxxxxxxxx
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxx Resident.
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxxxxx Resident.
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxxxxxx Resident.
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxxxx Resident.
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxxxxxxxx
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxxxxxxx
[06:35] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxxx Resident.
[06:36] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation -->  xxxxxxx Resident.

[07:03] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxx Resident.

Anyone know how I can stop this? It's been happening for a few days now. I tried to block it but not working. 

12 answers to this question

Does it happen if you go somewhere else, or does it follow you wherever you go?  If it only happens in one place, then you are hearing an object that is nearby. Find it by right clicking on "(Unnamed)" in one of those chat messages to find out where it is.  If it's on your own property, return or delete it.  If it's somewhere else, talk to its owner, submit an AR, or leave the area.  If the chat messages follow you, then you are wearing the object.  Look in the Worn tab in inventory.  If you don't recognize anything suspicious, start taking off attachments, one at a time, until the messages stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Nina Jashan said:

[17:42] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxx Resident.

when click on (Unnamed) you should get a dialog that looks like this

objectblock.jpg.89bb43b529c196271fa3edfebf70cade.jpg

when so then Block the object. Can also in most cases click the Owner link and from their profile can Block the owner

This very odd indeed.  So if I understand correctly, something that is attached to you is sending a group invitation to random people around you, which they are refusing.  I assume that each of the lines in the chat excerpt that you posted earlier has an actual name in it ( not just xxxxxx Resident but something like Alice Resident).  The list of worn items that you just posted is quite small and only includes one thing that might have a script in it ... the Invisible Avatar.  I suggest removing that temporarily and replacing it with another avatar.  Any of the Linden-provided avatars that you get when you click the Avatar button on your task bar will do.  If that doesn't make the messages stop, I am totally out of ideas, but I suspect it's the solution.  That avatar is bugged.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Nina Jashan said:

Edit: Ok sorry, this person is helping me, and has found something that might be mine, not the competitor. So many people are receiving this gift, hence the spam

So someone has used my full perm flower like this " the rezz box itself is a table with plant, a picture of the gift and then the MP link, and the plant on it is made by you, on the pot of it has a script called OnRezZwelcome"

is good that you have identified the source of the issue. You can now do something about it

seems you ended up spamming yourself by including a group joiner script in your full perm flower.  The person who included your flower in their product didn't know to remove your script

Thanks, I think that worked. I detached everything and not getting it anymore. It must be something I was wearing.

Came back this morning to about 6 more spam messages after taking off everything, and it still happens. It follows me. See post below for more

Edited by Nina Jashan
it didn't work
  • Like 1

It follows me. I'm at a different sim (my mainland instead of my private sim) and it still happens. Only to me as my alt is at my private island and gets no spam.

this just now

[17:42] (Unnamed): Declined group invitation --> xxxxxx Resident.

This is what I am wearing. Could it be LSL Bridge from Firestorm?

Also when I right click on (Unnamed) it shows the location of the person declining the invitation. I tped and saw one person that I had blocked because I thought it was her, and it seems to be random people, one with no active profile, meaning no picture so I assume not active.

Worn attachments.PNG

Edited by Nina Jashan

The cardboard box bot is an SL avatar. I removed my previous avatar and put this on. It isn't mesh.

I have contacted one of the decliners and she was very helpful. The is an event called Gimme Gatcha, which was also one of the locations I tped to, and it was packed with people.

She got an item as a free gift and got the group invite when she opened it. I asked her to look for any flowers, as I sell full perm flowers. She did find a flower in the item and it is fmade by my competitor, not me.

Edit: Ok sorry, this person is helping me, and has found something that might be mine, not the competitor. So many people are receiving this gift, hence the spam

So someone has used my full perm flower like this " the rezz box itself is a table with plant, a picture of the gift and then the MP link, and the plant on it is made by you, on the pot of it has a script called OnRezZwelcome"

Edited by Nina Jashan
  • Like 1

I don't have a group. The person who used my item as a part of their rezzer box uses a script to join their group. I only sell full perm, which are meant for people to use in their builds but now they also used this OnRezzwelcome script. 

So, I don't think I can do anything about it, except wait for the hype of this event to die down. I can't mute every free gift box, I don't think anyway. I'm at the event now, but I think it will be useless even to find the source of it. Unless I IM the creator and ask for her to remove it from my item that she put the script into

Edited by Nina Jashan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.