Catwa Skell Head - Broken

Demolish666

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! i recently switched over to using kuroo/kemono and anime heads. I'm not sure if that might have anything to do with my issue, but my head just refuses to look the way it usually does. I tried changing shapes, bodies, etc...why the long face? lol..

6opkpjy231131_001.png

• Like 1

When I swapped over from my system body/head to mesh, I just went ahead and used the gianni shape as a starting point and then edited the heck out of it to make it look the way I want.  Then I did the same thing with the Catwa head.  For some reason, the way my sliders were set for my system body/head produced weird and hard to fix problems much like what you're showing.

I'm sure there is SOME specific answer to why your face is so long but it's likely a combination of sliders not a single one and at least for me, it turned out easier to start at a known "good" shape then modify as required.

It's not broken. As has been mentioned by others, you're wearing the wrong shape for it. Inside the head's folder you'll find a shape that is partly titled "Start your shape with me". That shape sets the ideal starting face sliders for the head, from which you can then customise. If you've worn this head before and it looked fine, then most likely you're now wearing a shape intended for another head (possibly one of the anime heads mentioned at the start of your post).

Bento heads are affected by the underlying shape, and each one is created differently. A shape that looks perfect beneath one brand of head can easily look awful under another brand of head. If you want to keep your old body shape, note down the slider numbers for the Body, Torso, and Legs tabs on that shape, then transfer those numbers across to the same tabs on the Catwa starter shape. After that you can then tweak the shape to make it more unique to you.

• Like 1

It also could be your animations running, sometimes this causes deformities such as the eyes and other things. What you want to do is reset the skeleton and animations, there is different ways to do this on different viewers, i use catznip which all you have to do is right click on your avatar and select fix avatar and then reset skeleton and animations. Ta Da!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.