"Show Place in Search" Questions

Azrakhul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to put my Parcel up for search, but I am a bit confused about the whole thing...

1. Who does LL charge the 30L/week? Is it the person that "Owns" the land; the displayed owner in the "About land->General" Tab info or the Estate Owner, the person I rent my land from?

2. When does the Charge of 30L take place? Is it upon activation, is it a certain day at a certain time?

3. Is a 64x64 Meter Land enough to satisfy the whole "512 minimum area rule"?

I generally try to research and find answers myself, but I can't seem to find any "clear and concise" answers to the questions I have on the web about the "Show Place in Search" option.

Edited by Azrakhul

3 hours ago, Azrakhul said:

1. Who does LL charge the 30L/week? Is it the person that "Owns" the land; the displayed owner in the "About land->General" Tab info or the Estate Owner, the person I rent my land from?

I'm not absolutely sure when it comes to private estate but I think it's you as the land owner, not the estate owner.

2. When does the Charge of 30L take place? Is it upon activation, is it a certain day at a certain time?

It's charged every Tuesday.

It's more than enough: 64x64=4096.

3 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I'm not absolutely sure when it comes to private estate but I think it's you as the land owner, not the estate owner.

Correct, it charges the parcel owner.
If parcel is owned by an avatar, the L$ are taken from that avatar.
If the parcel is owned by a group, the L$ can be taken from every member of the group who is in a role that has the "Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends" ability. So in a group where a lot of members are in a role with that ability, each avatar may not get charged L$ every week or you may only pay L$1-2 each week. The L$30 total for the week is taken (randomly?) from group members with that ability each week.
Hope that makes sense!

• Like 1

Thank you! Lol, it was really hard to find a clear answer, think I was searching the forums for like an hour. Was reading different opinions about it, that confused me more about the whole thing.

Again thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Azrakhul said:

I want to put my Parcel up for search, but I am a bit confused about the whole thing...

I generally try to research and find answers myself, but I can't seem to find any "clear and concise" answers to the questions I have on the web about the "Show Place in Search" option.

Putting your parcel into SEARCH and paying the fee also gives you the ability to have a Places Page -- actually a default one gets made and then you can play with it like a webpage.  People coming to your land via the Places Page will ONLY LAND in the middle of the parcel at ground level. So it is important that you remember that (hence not sending them into a wall) :D.  If you sell things you can list them on your places pages and they will come up in search also (maybe just searching PLACES - haven't tested that) You need to have the items that you want to show up marked "show in search" in the build menu for them to appear.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.