Why does the viewer not have song identification yet???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Phoenix Viewer has this option and it is very cool!Cause I always hear nice songs at SL and hardly find them later.

But most of the time I play with Viewer 2 cause I think Phoenix is so complicated for me.

So would be really nice If Viewer 2 would get this option too.:-)

That thought never crossed my mind. I personally would have no use for it. If I am at a music venue or a club, the songs are always identified. If I am shopping and there is music playing in the background? Well, I suppose they could install song identification in the super markets and elevators as well then. I usually have my own music on any way. Good observation though.

Sommerland Starostin wrote:

I love music & SL is a big part music for me & I'm sure many others. So many viewers have it. Don't understand why its not on SL viewer yet. For that reason, seems a bit archaic.

Because SLV2 as not built by SL users.

get Phoenix, SLV2 sucks.

Oh I see this has been addressed before, thanks Void. :) Well I have gotten into a lot more different types of music since I've had song ID, including german goth rock & even some African singers. Seems like 3rd party viewers just slipped it in w/o any trouble. I guess big corps have to have many meetings first lol.

it's actually a rather nice feature, now that i've had a chance to try it out on phoenix (I don't do a lot of land stream listening). although not all stream are going to tag music accurately (or even at all) I would think that if someone put in a feature request, it shouldn't be too hard to implement (it just requires a little feedback from the media plugin)

although there may also be a small security risk with certain tagging formats, as has been exposed in the past on quicktime and other plugins/players, so that may have halted development.

Void Singer wrote:

it's actually a rather nice feature, now that i've had a chance to try it out on phoenix (I don't do a lot of land stream listening). although not all stream are going to tag music accurately (or even at all) I would think that if someone put in a feature request, it shouldn't be too hard to implement (it just requires a little feedback from the media plugin)

although there may also be a small security risk with certain tagging formats, as has been exposed in the past on quicktime and other plugins/players, so that may have halted development.

the lastest version of Phoenix asks if you want to use a parcels media by default, it also has a black and white list.

there will always be a security risk with media in SL unless LL introduce a proxy,

fat chance of that happening.

ps MOAP is even more unsecure, only use your own MOAP!

to add to that, "Media On A Prim " was the original name of the feature, and is still called that in most of the technical settings. it's descriptive of what it is.... "Shared Media" is the ::cough::friendly::cough:: name marketing dreamed up that really doesn't tell you what it is or how it works.

both as acronyms are rather unfortunate, since an object can either be MOAP-y or have SM on it =D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4741 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.