Sign in to follow this  
animats

Firestorm viewer logs to syslog on Linux

I just discovered that, on Linux, the Firestorm viewer sends all its log message not only to "Firestorm.log", but to the system log. They accumulate in "/var/log/syslog", which many Linux systems keep for days to months. About 99% of the content of the system log is now Firestorm's routine logging. Syslog is supposed to be for major system problems. Is that on purpose?

Not sure asking here is going to get you an answer any better than a Jira might.

The llerror module is straight from LL there are some performance optimisations but log usage is from the lab. The default SYSLOG setting is Critical but it seems to overload that with whatever your log setting is. So I guess "yes, it is on purpose" but I have no idea what that purpose was.

9 hours ago, Beq Janus said:

Not sure asking here is going to get you an answer any better than a Jira might.

There be dragons. 

🙀

I have been looking threw my syslog and do not see anything related to firestorm in it. what distribution are you on and are you running Firestorm out of your home directory?