Adjust avatar Z-modifier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way to adjust how high your avatar stand/walk over ground in viewer2 based viewers?
I am really struggling with the feet disappearing in ground, and since I prefer to take photos on different locations I can't just toss out a poseball either. Most sims are no rez.

I need to use 2 tattoo layers, and that leaves Phoenix out.

Hi, the Restrained Love viewer 2.6.1 has a Z slider. It has the avatar physics stuff too. It works well as a general viewer, but you may want to set RestrainedLove to FALSE in debug if you are not using the RLV part. It disables some basic things like the location menu at login when it is in RLV mode. It also has extended radar in the nearby people tag, and the dreaded lookat names with DebugLookAtShowNames setting.

Oh, there is a small glitch on this version. If you do not use a very wide window, the menu bar can look overcrowded. Right click the menu area, turn the location bar off and back on, and the sliders will move down there.

I don't know, but might it be possible to wear a pose ball , adjust it to the right place & then have someone sit on it?

Would that be the basic process for a Dragon avatar, for instance, that allows someone else to ride them?

Would that be the basic process for a dance chim or sex-jewelry?

Right, it will not be a debug setting in an LL viewer, the Z modifier is a hack to alter the size normally derived from the worn shape. LL might not want to add a manual offset because these numbers feed the llGetAgentSize function.

I think that RLV 2.6 picked up the patch from Firestorm, but that is the yet another viewer problem again, I guess.

Phoenix does still have the adjustment, it is hiding in preferences>Phoenix>Page 1>Avatar, but that misses the multple non-attachment wearables.

The things like saddles are really vehicles and need to be rezzed like a pose ball must. It is not possible to sit on an attached object.

Ohhhh! For photos, I just remembered a strange old viewer feature, and Viewer 2 still has it.

Develop>Avatar>Character Tests>Allow Select Avatar

Then Ctrl+3 to start the editor, and click on your avatar's body. You can then move your avatar with the prim edit arrows.  When you leave the editor, you will stay in that position until you walk etc. Only you will see this, but it is fine for photos!

Adding -- you can use Develop>Network>Pause Agent to prvent the avatar from snapping back to the ground before you take the picture.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

[...] Phoenix does still have the adjustment, it is hiding in preferences>Phoenix>Page 1>Avatar, but that misses the multple non-attachment wearables.[...]

::feels stupid now:: I looked right at that and thought it was for effects sizing or somesuch because it wasn't labeled.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.