Biking Across Bellisseria - A Tour

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Two and a half hours in the late night and very early morning hours. A great ride and a great time.  Full story on my blog. Sure you can find it if you want to :D.   

Honestly, I was SO IMPRESSED. 

This is where I quit last night, at what I "thought" was the halfway point.  Not so much LOL. 

1966334860_bikingacrossbelliseria.thumb.jpg.8f38fe443132a09fcf413e9642232d88.jpg

• Like 14

I love that pic!  I think I like cycling around the most because it’s slow enough I have time to look around and pause to admire all the beautiful creations the residents are adding.  All I’ve seen has been so impressive and worth all the time, attention and effort it took to provide this new continent!

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I love that pic!  I think I like cycling around the most because it’s slow enough I have time to look around and pause to admire all the beautiful creations the residents are adding.  All I’ve seen has been so impressive and worth all the time, attention and effort it took to provide this new continent!

I went on a ride the other night (first tried a golf cart and almost ran someone over crossing a sim line) and so many gorgeous homes! Realized I need to up my decorating game. I don't want anyone to see my home atm LOL hopefully I will be able to get to it either tonight or after Easter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

I went on a ride the other night (first tried a golf cart and almost ran someone over crossing a sim line) and so many gorgeous homes! Realized I need to up my decorating game. I don't want anyone to see my home atm LOL hopefully I will be able to get to it either tonight or after Easter.

Indeed Zoya... they are setting the bar high and I see already that we’re going to reap big rewards in more and more high quality low land impact items!  WoOoOoOoo HOoOoOo!! :D 

• Like 1

Sunday April 21

I planned to go out on my scooter today. Well I did go out. I also ran into a bunch of trees, bushes, fences and the like. Such a bad driver. My {what next} Monaco scooter is supper cute but it will be staying in the carport. To be fair, it works great up on my building pad at 80fps -- not so much at 20 and certainly not at 8.  

So I traded it in for my bike and took off south.

1719320817_sunday421.thumb.jpg.57e651ac480de0e12d0632e9451f7a33.jpg

My home is on the West coastline somewhere near the middle. Heading south was VERY different than my previous trips. North and East, the places I passed were lovely with the feel of a gated community. Almost all had impressive fences, some still mostly empty -- others decked out in their finery. It was a lovely ride through pleasant upscale neighborhoods. 

The Southern sims offered a very different community feel. There were many, many SMALL houses. Winchester was still in evidence, but not the queen. There were very few fences -- either molemade or handmade and it seemed more like an older working class neighborhood. Very homey, very friendly.  

I continued South and East, looking at the map when I came to a dead end, wandering over bare rolling hills now and then searching for a continuing road. As I wandered I noticed that there were some areas that I would be comfortable in and others I would not. Strange? Maybe not so much; our virtual feeling frequently parallel our corporeal ones. Energy is energy.  

859843453_maplecross.thumb.jpg.7dca80f71c4ae443681e84c9eb6fb2c3.jpga large raised park at Maple Cross

After traversing a dozen sims I postulated (no intel at all) that the Moles had several sims to work on that were contiguous. This may or may not be the case, but it feels like it is. The "style" of the sims are of course different, dependent in some part by the likes and inclinations of the sim designers.  So for me there was a multi-sim neighborhood feel.  With these first homes, many of us were happy to take the first or second offering, some apparently went through over a dozen tries (with alts) before finding something "acceptable".  I NOW know that there are neighborhoods I would like to live in and ones I would not.  Other folks, would likely not share my proclivities and that is how it should be.  In the future, when the stress of GETTING A HOUSE isn't upmost in our minds, the neighborhoods may well become criteria for some.

corinth.thumb.jpg.3289d12f0ab851860dbd42b04acc51ca.jpg

Moving day at Corinth

I only spotted one houseless lot on this adventure; many homes were still empty with owners yet to move in. I ended my trek at the bridge in Deckard and will continue on with my trusty bike another day.  

PS.  Whoever makes that above ground blue "50s" pool is doing very well - LOL.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

I journeyed out on my third adventure in the middle of my night hours. I was attempting to retrace my first journey, looking for some spectacular mole fences that I saw in one very posh looking neighborhood.  I never found them again. They could be merely figments of my imagination. The area was hilly with many house built up above the road and most houses had fences. 

Along my wanderings I found a few very pretty places and took some shots WITH the sim names LOL so that I can find them again.  It is a big continent ALREADY.

harnell2.thumb.jpg.21da636b3ba28ff33eeee422d4862148.jpg

Harnell

Redding.thumb.jpg.4c66f2888e3dc4b61c58d0c0cf02e551.jpgRedding

spector4.thumb.jpg.3c3cc47649a1149385fa48c4e7920df0.jpg

Spector

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

corinth.jpg.0d1b4e312f695f974fd2268d9f2fc792.jpg

For those that might be interested I made a list of all the sims and linked to Mole-made content. About a week in the making and with plenty of photographs it will get updated as more regions become filled. And I certainly have a better understanding about the diversity of our new continent.  Get out there and explore!

Find the page link up top in the sidebar of my blog. If you don't know where that is, Google does :SwingingFriends:

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

With my framerates back to my normal -- months in the reversal -- I have been doing a happy dance, almost continuously. I decided to see if my scooter worked better with a doubling of those important digits.  

The not so grand tour went from my nearest rez area back to my home.  Not that far, but I still got into trouble a time or two. Happily the folks with security seem to be following The Lab's rules and I made it back on the street (oh so not gracefully) before I was booted home (whew!).

869959451_ontheroadagain.thumb.jpg.94144d4ca805030ca50bcb06e6242124.jpg

There are some lovely areas along the route. I especially like the home with rock steps leading to them.

I headed west then south and fairly quickly found myself at my home region. The crossroad leads to the neighborhood rocky park which was my cue to get off the main roads.

Navigating the PATH was much more difficult and I ended up on one neighbors yard trying to get back beyond the fence line.

1649166379_destinationhome.thumb.jpg.50107a52eebaa9d8373051b635dcfa3f.jpg

But eventually I DID make it home.  No way could I navigate back through my tiny gate opening so I hopped off and let the server return my scooter.

1986762459_mapwithroute.thumb.jpg.253da2b06e2ba9cc01af0270e858d796.jpg

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.