Chronoculars

Visa Prepaid Card?

Question

I bought a VISA prepaid card from Food Lion for the express purpose of buying Lindens. I found out only too late that the reason that most prepaid cards don't work on the exchange is that LL charges a dollar and then immediately repays it to make sure the card is legitimate. The transaction history shows the confirmation payment to be "pending",

I am very confused. Are payments with Visa Prepaid cards really impossible? Is there any, even roundabout way, of still using this money to buy Lindens? The only way I could think of is possibly buying bitcoin and converting it to L$ through VirWox, but that seems like a solution that isn't very practical. Am I just screwed?

2 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Chronoculars said:

Are payments with Visa Prepaid cards really impossible?

Yup.  See

• Like 2

Chrono,

Bitcoin and Virwox won't work either.  Third party exchanges like Virwox have not been allowed to trade $L for more than three years now.

I recommend opening a PayPal account, and verifying it by linking it to a RL bank account or a major credit card.  If you can't use PayPal where you live, try Skrill instead.

• Like 1