Profile to indicate NOTES made (at front of profile)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is just a wish list, so not actually sure where it should live. Over the years I have used notes in profiles for many things, to indicate someone is the alt of another account, that someone has been banned or ejected from somewhere for some reason. That someone was abusive and what they said when they were. That someone owned a store that I blogged and the link to the post. That I met someone the day they rezzed, helped them etc.

So many uses for that section of peoples profiles and a great thing to utilise, but I realised that it would be really cool if like a website showing you you have used a link in the past, the profile had an indicator that there were notes you made on a person in the past, it would be a really speedy thing, it could also help people that may have recurring issues with an account or it just may bring up some good old nostalgia. If a little light or frame or something was possible :D 

Wants @Whirly Fizzle to see this too :P

Edited by Sasy Scarborough
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t have an opinion on that really, but just want to point out that your own notes is a good place to store info such as commands you forget —  like how to make the ground disappear or  to find what number a face is.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I don’t have an opinion on that really, but just want to point out that your own notes is a good place to store info such as commands you forget —  like how to make the ground disappear or  to find what number a face is.

I do that too :) as well as things like music streams I like to play on the sim etc. It has become a great little dumping ground for stuff like that I ran out of characters though

• Like 1

I have gotten into the habit of looking at every tab of a profile, not just the groups, etc. I start at the left and work my way all the way to the right. It's amazing what you may find, for example, in the WEB tab. Needless to say that if I'm looking at a profile I always hit the notes tab. Perhaps one only needs to build the same habit?

10 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I have gotten into the habit of looking at every tab of a profile, not just the groups, etc. I start at the left and work my way all the way to the right. It's amazing what you may find, for example, in the WEB tab. Needless to say that if I'm looking at a profile I always hit the notes tab. Perhaps one only needs to build the same habit?

It was more about if you come across a person and you open the profile it indicates at some point in the history of your SL you made a note on this person and it could be important (they could have been a problem at another location) or it could just be you gave them their first hair free for a store you managed (there are thousands of people running around SL with that note by me in their profiles unaware lol. 

I am not really a profile looker as such some people you just go a little further etc, and then when I do find, oh look I wrote something in 2009 I am glad I caught it, but I wish I had some indicator to actually make me look, it is silly, but yeah when I go to use a link for instance and its a different colour than others because I have been there before, that kind of thing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.