Aeros Maxwell Avatar upgrade

Ricardo Skotadi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there - I have an Aeros Maxwell 'mature' avatar and am thinking of upgrading to mesh. Am quite keen to keep my head and have looked only at Signature Gianni bodies so far. Am not technically minded so thought I would ask if anyone has upgraded their Maxwell and if so, what did you choose by way of upgrade body? Thanks in advance! Ricardo   

5 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Ricardo Skotadi said:

Hi there - I have an Aeros Maxwell 'mature' avatar and am thinking of upgrading to mesh. Am quite keen to keep my head and have looked only at Signature Gianni bodies so far. Am not technically minded so thought I would ask if anyone has upgraded their Maxwell and if so, what did you choose by way of upgrade body? Thanks in advance! Ricardo   

In order to get a good match you would need a skin applier FROM Aeros for the body you buy .   You would need to keep your classic head unless an applier came out for Maxwell recently (I am doubting that :D).  So best to get demos of the skins from the AEROS store and try them on the bodies you are thinking about.  I can't remember which bodies Aeros designs for but assuming one of the tones matches Maxwell, that might be your deciding factor on which body to buy :D.

Good luck. 

Hi Chic - that's so helpful, for which, thanks very much. Alas it looks like there is no Aeros applier for the signature Gianni body which is my favourite choice so will cast the search net a bit wider. Thanks again for you help and if there are any other aeros Maxwell owners out there also looking to upgrade, i'd be interested in getting together and pooling our knowledge :)  

Hi Skell - thanks for this. This is where you find out just how non technical I am :) I had in fact seen these appliers but thought that I would need one specifically for the Gianni body. Is that not the case? if not, would it therefore be simple case of matching the head with the nearest body and somehow try to fuse the colors of my Aeros head neck with the new body? Very grateful for your and readers' assistance.  

Signature body appliers will work on either Gianni or Geralt, but - as always - I strongly suggest trying the demo first. Aeros body appliers are not cheap, at around L$900 per single skintone last time I looked, so make sure you can work with them first of all.

In addition, the Maxwell avatar is an older one, whereas the body appliers shown there are much newer. Even in the case of skin stores who create only for mesh heads and mesh bodies, if they change their body appliers they will usually not match to the old head appliers. Almost all of them will, however, update their head appliers accordingly, but system skins are very very unlikely be updated to match.

I own several older Aeros system skins (used to love them) and I recall they were very detailed. Just how well they will work against a mesh body applier I don't know. You won't be able to use the neck sheath on the Signature body to blend them, as - even though you can tint it - it will be a plain band around your neck and will stand out against the detail that I know Aeros puts into their skins. It might be worth looking around the store to see if they offer any blenders or a neck sheath applier. It's doubtful, but worth digging around to see if they do (or even contacting the creator to ask if one exists, or if they would consider creating one).

Give it a try anyway, and - if funds will run to it and you're willing to maybe leap into a new look - maybe consider a mesh head. You might be surprised at how close you can come to your original system look when you 'go mesh'.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.